2023-2024 Campus Internship – Information Systems/Information Technology
Posted on July 25, 2023 by InternPlug
- Midland, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAt Dow, we believe in putting people first and we’re passionate about delivering integrity, respect and safety to our customers, our employees and the planet.
Our people are at the heart of our solutions. They reflect the communities we live in and the world where we do business. Their diversity is our strength. We’re a community of relentless problem solvers that offers the daily opportunity to contribute with your perspective, transform industries and shape the future. Our purpose is simple - to deliver a sustainable future for the world through science and collaboration. If you’re looking for a challenge and meaningful role, you’re in the right place. Dow has internship opportunities during the summer of 2024 within its Information Systems/Information Technology organization for individuals who are within one or two years of graduation and are currently enrolled in a university working towards a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a related technical field. The internships will be located in one of the global IT centers - at Dow's global headquarters in Midland, MI. The duration of these internships is typically 12 weeks. Interns will be involved in projects that are critical to moving forward Dow’s IT Strategy and digitally transforming the organization. They will support critical business and technical needs for Dow business, research, and manufacturing functions around the world in a variety of process & technology areas including but not limited to artificial intelligence/machine learning, analytics, SAP, mobile, web and/or desktop application development, cloud architectures and contemporary security solutions. Interns will be involved in one or more of the following:
- Systems Solutions: Planning, designing, creating and implementing enterprise-wide or business specific technology and solutions. Managing change, delivering corporate-wide technology upgrades, minimizing risks, and enhancing employee productivity through increased familiarity with the capabilities we provide.
- Information Security: Preserving the integrity of Dow information and containing problems before they have an impact. Safeguarding ideas, protecting our data, network and equipment from intrusions before they begin.
- Service Management and Business I/S: Ensuring all Dow employees have the technology tools they need to be productive. Listening to our stakeholders – employees, suppliers and customers – and using that information to propel Dow forward.
- Operations: Ensuring that everything from the Dow network to the Dow intranet is stable and working smoothly.
- IT Technology Architecture: Researching and designing the information technology platform to enhance productivity at Dow. Testing the theories, enhancing the concepts, and exploring future information technology opportunities.
- Must be within one or two years of graduation and currently enrolled in a university working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related technical field. Preferred degrees in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related degrees.
- Public transportation options are limited for this work location, personal/reliable transportation during work term is required.
- A minimum 2.700+ cumulative GPA on a 4.000 scale at your current university is required. GPAs of 3.000 or higher preferred.
- A minimum requirement for this US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis.
Aug. 24, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!