2023 Code For Good Hackathon Program - Software Engineering Summer Internship
Posted on July 14, 2023 by InternPlug
- West New York, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
Code for Good Hackathon
The Code for Good hackathon gives you the chance to put your coding skills towards doing good for nonprofit organizations. It’s also a great opportunity to see whether a career in technology is for you.
Over the course of 24 hours (Friday – Saturday), you and your assigned team will develop a technology solution for a leading nonprofit organization. You’ll get to work side by side with our expert JPMorgan Chase technologists, learning from their experience as you creatively solve real world problems faced by social organizations. You are encouraged to come up with cutting-edge ideas that could make a difference to the people who need it most.
In addition to networking with other aspiring software engineers from around the country, Code for Good is also a chance to meet our recruiting teams and experience what it’s like to work as a software engineer at JPMorgan Chase.
Participants will need to bring their own laptops to the event. Travel expenses will be covered by JPMorgan Chase, though conditions will apply. Further details around location, timing, and final schedule will be provided to selected applicants. We are actively monitoring the COVID19 protocols and will provide further details as we get closer to the events.
Participation in the Code for Good hackathon may lead to an offer for the 2024 Software Engineer Internship.
On your application form, please select the JPMorgan Chase locations that you are most interested in learning about. Selected applicants will be invited to attend one of the hackathons with technologists and recruiters best matched to your work location preference.
Code for Good Hackathon Dates:
Code for Good Event Date and Location:
- Wilmington, DE: September 29-30, 2023
- Welcoming participants interested in New York Metro (Jersey City, Manhattan, Brooklyn), or Wilmington, DE
- Application Deadline: September 5, 2023
- Chicago, IL: October 6-7, 2023
- Welcoming participants interested in Chicago, IL, Seattle, WA, or Palo Alto, CA,
- Application Deadline: September 14, 2023
- Dallas, TX: October 13-14, 2023
- Welcoming participants interested in Dallas, TX, Houston, TX, or Tampa, FL
- Application Deadline: September 21, 2023
- Columbus. OH: November 3-4, 2023
- Welcoming participants interested in Columbus, OH, or Wilmington, DE
- Application Deadline: October 12, 2023
If you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, you’ll find your place in our Software Engineer Program.
Key skills include:
- Computer Science and/or Engineering majors are preferred while other majors may be considered
- Pursuing a B.A., B.S. or 5th year M.A. or M.S. with expected graduation of December 2024 or June 2025
- A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum GPA of 3.2
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- Relevant internship experience and leadership in school or community organization
To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT).
To be considered for Code for Good, you must complete the following steps:
- Please read the Official Rules before you start this application.
- Complete and submit the Code for Good event application.
- Selected applicants will be asked to complete a coding challenge, powered by HackerRank. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
- HackerRank is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed this. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
- Selected applicants will be notified via email with final event details for the event.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Aug. 13, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!