2023 Diversity Leadership Symposium: 2024 Nestlé Usa Data Science Internship
Posted on July 19, 2023 by InternPlug
- Upper Arlington, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAs a leader in the science of nutrition, Nestlé Health Science believes in empowering healthier lives for patients and consumers through a rich product portfolio featuring top brands such as Garden of Life®, Nature’s Bounty®, Vital Proteins®, Nuun®, Persona Nutrition®, BOOST®, Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, Peptamen®, Compleat Organic Blends®, and more, as well as through Aimmune Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing therapies to prevent, manage and treat food, GI and metabolic-related diseases.
Our team members are challenged to make a genuine impact and play an integral role in driving the business forward. We embrace a dynamic culture that always puts the consumer first, and where ownership, accountability and agility are celebrated at every level. To help our people thrive, we offer expansive career growth potential, the opportunity to work alongside and learn from talented colleagues with diverse backgrounds and skill sets, and a range of best-in-class benefits.
We have more than 11,000 employees around the world, and products available in over 140 countries.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Are you a current graduate student who is passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion? Are you looking for a Data Science Internship for the summer of 2024? If you've got an appetite for an exciting career, apply now for Nestlé's 2023 virtual Diversity Leadership Symposium (DLS)! It's a three-day, professional development and hiring event, taking place from August 15-17, 2023, for college students of diverse backgrounds! If selected to participate in the symposium, you will learn about Nestle’s winning culture, network with peers & current Nestlé employees, and interview for our 2024 Nestlé USA Data Science Internship Program!
What to expect from the 2023 Diversity Leadership Symposium:
- Gain valuable exposure to life and careers at Nestlé and discover how a diverse and inclusive environment fuels career growth
- Network with business leaders and develop relationships with peers from universities across the nation while participating in engaging experiences
- Interview for our 2024 Nestlé USA Data Science Internship, with a chance to return to school with an internship offer in hand
You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Essentia, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day! Here at Nestlé USA, you are empowered to become a student of the business and deliver the best to our consumers. We’re inviting forward-thinking and courageous future leaders to embrace an entrepreneurial approach and start their journey of growth. If you're a current technologist and analytically focused graduate student eager to make an impact on an enormous scale, take strides into greatness by joining Nestlé USA.
What to expect from the Data Science Internship Our 12 week paid internship with the Digital Acceleration Team is an opportunity to drive high-visibility, high-impact global outcomes for Nestlé. The environment will challenge you to think differently about problem solving and is a phenomenal way to get a feel for working at Nestlé. You will have hands on involvement with a significant business project from start to finish and get experience you won’t find in the classroom. You will apply the analytical and coding knowledge you have gained in school in a real world setting, while being supported by a team that includes a project manager, buddy, and mentor. You will have an opportunity to develop your professional network and extend your own portfolio of work. Our projects are challenging, engaging and represent current business challenges that need a fresh perspective. You showcase the work you have done on your project at an end-of-internship presentation to senior leaders in the Digital organization. The internship experience also provides interaction with senior management and collaboration with team members across the business. Interns experience life at Nestlé in a hands-on environment. We encourage students to question why we do things the way we do, provide fresh ideas, and improve processes and products. You’ll be part of the action and working from day 1.
After Your Internship Our intern program is designed to bring High Achievers into the Digital organization at Nestlé USA and is intended to be a feeder into a full time position. We match your skillsets and passion with positions in our Digital organization. High performing summer interns are offered the opportunity to join the Digital organization after graduation and start their careers at Nestlé.
E ducation Requirements
- Graduate students pursuing Master of Science in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering (Operations Research, Industrial), Business Analytics, Applied Mathematics and/or Statistics. Graduating between December 2024 and June 2025.
- Showcases a strong level of academic success (Cumulative GPA 3.0+)
- Coding skills for analytics and data analysis (SQL, R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with large data sets.
- Results focused and can clearly speak to projects they’ve executed.
- Passionate lifelong learners who are agile and stay abreast of the evolving technology and data landscape.
- Embraces courage to propose new ways of operating and challenges the status quo.
- Leverages their intellectual curiosity to aid in problem solving and distills complex information into simple ideas
- Resourceful, self-starter who applies varied means to uncover answers and arrive at conclusions.
- Fire from within to execute and deliver a successful end product and do it better than the competition.
- Strong communicators who encourage others and excel in a team environment.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Furnished, subsidized housing, car rental, and relocation (for those who qualify)
- Exposure to senior leadership through project presentation and mentoring
- Volunteer in a community service opportunity with one of Nestlé’s Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Boys & Girls Club of America & Nestlé Adopt-A-School Program)
- Potential employment opportunities after completion of degree
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Aug. 18, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!