2024 Grm - Gsiu Investigations Intern (8 Months)
Posted on Sept. 15, 2023 by InternPlug
- Toronto, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Job Title2024 GRM - GSIU Investigations Intern (8 Months)
What is the opportunity?
Assist the Global Special Investigations Unit (GSIU), with an emphasis on investigations involving financial crimes. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with the Forensic Accounting and Global Investigations teams to gather, prepare and analyze documents and information related to specific events, in order to mitigate financial, reputational, regulatory and legal risks, following established procedures and in accordance with RBC policies.
What will you do?
- Apply your critical thinking skills to produce comprehensive financial and other data analysis.
- Fulfillment of end-to-end assigned files, including the gathering and reviewing of documents and analysis of account activity, with a focus on loss prevention and intelligence gathering.
- Independently manage assigned cases or investigative tasks, ensuring timely and accurate completion, with a focus on electronic case management.
- Provide regular case updates to senior team management.
- Assist with development of new processes or tools to streamline the investigations process or enhance practice management.
What do you need to succeed?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise time management skills and prioritize tasks effectively
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Enthusiastic team player
- Prior investigative or analytical experience
- Big data analysis skills
- Experience with or knowledge of data visualization tools such as Analyst Notebook
- Experience with MS Word and MS Access
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering regulations
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and make a difference
- Opportunities to building close relationships
Job SummaryAssist the Global Special Investigations Unit (GSIU), with an emphasis on investigations involving financial crimes. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with the Forensic Accounting and Global Investigations teams to gather, prepare and analyze documents and information related to specific events, in order to mitigate financial, reputational, regulatory and legal risks, following established procedures and in accordance with RBC policies.
Address:TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Employment Type:Full time
Platform:Group Risk Management
Job Type:Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Oct. 15, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!