2024 Internship- Information Technology/Computer Science
Posted on Aug. 22, 2023 by InternPlug
- San Diego, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.Internship Program – ITS (Information Technology Solutions)
This position is part of our Information Technology Solutions (ITS) Internship Program. The ITS Internship Program provides the foundation for the future success of Solar Turbines technology professionals and the future success of the organization. The purpose of the program is to start the development and training of the next generation of well-rounded and highly competent technology professionals through fun and challenging achievable projects.
- Begin building technical foundation
- Provide challenging assignments
- Develop enterprise perspective
- Begin network building
- Transition to job offers after schooling is complete Build pride and engagement
Program assignments vary for each individual and are decided upon between management and the employee based on the needs of the business. Work assignments can range from assisting in quality assurance, software development, customer support, project management, system administration.
Each program consists of yearly rotations in departments such as:
- Engineering, Sales, Service & HR IT
- Enterprise Applications
- Client Support Services
- Solar Analytics
- Infrastructure Services
- Manufacturing IT
Interfacing with critical support and business roles to develop an understanding of our technology life cycle and how IT supports the business.
Once the internship is nearing the end, management will celebrate the accomplishments of the internship team members and provide feedback on their time as interns.
Out of classroom Internship Opportunities: Interns will get the opportunity to join a Solar Turbine employee resource group, receive mentorship, engage in special events and luncheons with peers, hear from keynote speakers and much more. These openings will allow interns to benefit in the following ways:
- Network with other members in the employee resource groups.
- Opportunities to support other departments across business units.
- Have a voice to share ideas on topics that matter most in a free-flowing space.
- Get Inspired by those around you to take needed actions in your own community.
- Learn how to navigate the corporate workspace and excel in future endeavors. Exciting activities and lunches to enjoy with fellow interns creating lasting memories.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program at an accredited school
- Current overall GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- 0-3 years of related experience.
- Previous internship and/or relevant project experience in a technology related field.
- Must be able and willing to relocate to San Diego, CA for the duration of the internship
- Ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment.
- High energy level and sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good business / technical judgment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities for a variety of tasks.
The hourly compensation for this role is: $19.30- $39.00. Actual compensation will be determined by graduation year and degree type.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O .Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Summary Pay Range:$0.00 - $0.00
Compensation and benefits offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, job level, market location, job-related knowledge, skills, individual performance and experience. Please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Caterpillar.
Annual incentive bonus plan*
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
401k savings plan
Health savings account (HSA)
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Healthy Lifestyle Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Voluntary Benefits and Employee Discounts
*Subject to annual eligibility and incentive plan guidelines .
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
Sept. 21, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!