2024 Internship- Information Technology/Computer Science
Posted on Aug. 27, 2023 by InternPlug
- San Diego, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionCareer Area: Accounting Job Description: Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc. When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it. Internship Program – ITS (Information Technology Solutions) This position is part of our Information Technology Solutions (ITS) Internship Program. The ITS Internship Program provides the foundation for the future success of Solar Turbines technology professionals and the future success of the organization. The purpose of the program is to start the development and training of the next generation of well-rounded and highly competent technology professionals through fun and challenging achievable projects.
- Begin building technical foundation
- Provide challenging assignments
- Develop enterprise perspective
- Begin network building
- Transition to job offers after schooling is complete
- Build pride and engagement
Program assignments vary for each individual and are decided upon between management and the employee based on the needs of the business. Work assignments can range from assisting in quality assurance, software development, customer support, project management, system administration. Each program consists of yearly rotations in departments such as:
- Engineering, Sales, Service & HR IT
- Enterprise Applications
- Client Support Services
- Solar Analytics
- Infrastructure Services
- Manufacturing IT
- Network with other members in the employee resource groups.
- Opportunities to support other departments across business units.
- Have a voice to share ideas on topics that matter most in a free-flowing space.
- Get Inspired by those around you to take needed actions in your own community.
- Learn how to navigate the corporate workspace and excel in future endeavors.
- Exciting activities and lunches to enjoy with fellow interns creating lasting memories.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program at an accredited school
- Current overall GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- 0-3 years of related experience.
- Previous internship and/or relevant project experience in a technology related field.
- Must be able and willing to relocate to San Diego, CA for the duration of the internship
- Ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment.
- High energy level and sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good business / technical judgment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities for a variety of tasks.
- Subject to annual eligibility and incentive plan guidelines.
Sept. 26, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!