2024 Itlp Internship Program
Posted on Aug. 16, 2023 by InternPlug
- Cincinnati, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionMake banking a Fifth Third better®
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank. GENERAL FUNCTION: The Fifth Third Bank Leadership Program (LP) Internship is designed to provide students with exposure to a variety of banking disciplines, while building meaningful work experience through assignments within one line ofbusinessordivision. The LP internship experience consists primarily of on-the-job training supplemented by networking opportunities, educational offerings and performance coaching and feedback. The intern is integrated into the groups day-to-dayactivitiesandprojects. Operates as a team member on larger initiatives but also works independently on smaller projects. Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures thatactions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform assignments as determined by the Assignment Leader.
- Perform specific projects as assigned by the Assignment Leader or Program Manager, utilizing project management skills to manage and report back on project status.
- Actively participate in community volunteerism projects.
- Actively participate in leadership development activities (training classes, speaker series, etc.), supplementing on-the-job learning that occurs throughout the program.
- Deliver a formal presentation to line of business or division leaders.
- Build a network of resources within the assigned line of business, division, or across functions.
- Effectively communicate with others, demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Qualified LP internship candidates must have a strong academic record (targeted minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA) with at least 1-2 years of college coursework completed, and an interest in pursuing a career in banking.
- Solid candidates should have relevant internship and/or work experience, strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated proficiency in critical thinking, leadership, business acumen, relationship building andteamworkthroughextracurricular activities, work experience, or academic pursuits.
- Demonstrates entry-level use and basic familiarity with software applications including Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook. Shows aptitude to learn additional software applications as required by Internship.
- Possesses professional customer service skills. Able to respond to standard requests from internal and external customers.
- Able to solve routine problems by following defined procedures.
- Capable of managing own time to meet deadlines set by Manager and Assignment Leader.
- Capable of completing work with direction, guidance and instructions from others.
- Demonstrates abilities to perform and communicate. Appropriately chooses most effective form of communication (meeting, fax, phone or email). Responds quickly to requests.
- Can convey a positive first impression and develops positive working relationships. Understands and knows how to get along with co-workers.
Sept. 15, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!