2024 Nestlé Usa Technical Applications Group (Tag) Internship
Posted on Aug. 22, 2023 by InternPlug
- Solon, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionFoods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
What to expect for the 2024 Nestlé USA Technical Applications Group (TAG) Internship : At Nestlé, we offer a paid summer internship in our Technical Applications Group. Our product development team leads all aspects of the entire development process, from design to manufacturing. Students are given real-life responsibilities through involvement in various activities, initiatives and the chance to lead their own projects. The projects will vary in complexity and provide good exposure to a wide range of activities performed by our product developers.
We give students the opportunity to assist in the development and industrialization of new or reformulated products, quality improvements and cost optimization. These individuals will provide technical assistance to various internal departments to support business goals and will interact with Nestlé factory staff, internal customers as well as external vendors. In addition, there may be opportunities for factory visits, factory or pilot plant testing, protocol development, cooking with our culinary team, and vendor presentations.
This program is designed to develop future professionals for our Technical Applications Group. We are looking for individuals with the right mix of talent and enthusiasm with shown leadership skills, strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to work in a team setting.
- Development of a new product, or reformulation of an existing product, that meets the specified guardrails with the goal of delighting the consumer.
- Reformulation of a product(s) as needed to increase productivity/deliver cost savings, ensure supply or address consumer complaints. Execute maintenance and capital projects including (scoping, bidding, executing, handling contractors, etc.)
- Department initiative aimed at improving efficiency and consistency in systems, storage, information flow, information accessibility, etc. Coordinate project start-ups and contractors
- Assignments for internship program will be located in Solon, OH or Arlington, VA
- Must be enrolled in a BS or MS degree program in Food Science, Food Engineering, Bakery Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Completion of degree by Spring 2026, Spring 2025 preferred.
- GPA of 3.0 and above preferred
Skills & Knowledge
- Analytical skills for data tracking and results analysis
- Strong problem solving skills and a continuous improvement mindset
- Presentation creation and delivery skills
- Collaborative and able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate outstanding learning capabilities
- Ability to deliver results on challenging assignments
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high performing environment
- Exceptional organizational skills & ability to manage multiple projects and assignments
- Strong communication skills: interpersonal, presentation, oral and written
- Willing to relocate for assignment
- Willing to travel to factory locations throughout the nation as needed
- Sponsorship for work visas are not available for this program
- Potential opportunity for full-time employment within the Technical Applications Group based on performance in the role
- Exposure to senior leadership/project presentation
- Immersion into a dynamic and collaborative work culture with diverse colleagues
- Work with an influential industry leader in consumer-packaged goods
- Mentorship/Buddy Program
- Furnished subsidized housing for qualified individuals
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Solon, OH, US, 44139 Arlington, VA, US, 22209
Sept. 21, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!