2024 Software Engineering Internship Program
Posted on July 25, 2023 by InternPlug
- Owings Mills, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionThere is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us. For 80 years, T. Rowe Price has changed the investment management industry by delivering world-class service and guidance to individuals and institutions around the globe. Our shared values enable us to create a dynamic workplace that cultivates high achievement from diverse professionals in a variety of disciplines. Built on a tradition of integrity, we are committed to our clients and employees and focused on sustained growth and success.
We’re seeking dedicated software engineers to help build the next generation of platforms and applications. If you are looking to design cloud- based architectures, deliver impactful user experiences across the web and mobile devices, and learn about the finance industry along the way, then we want you! This is a chance to create an impact on our business as a part of a broader technology transformation and gain experience in cloud-based solutions, data architecture, and business solution architecture!
The T. Rowe Price 10-week Summer Internship Program offers an opportunity to gain valuable work experience while building skills and long-term career potential. Through teamwork, innovative thinking and application of your skills, you can add value in various ways to our Global Technology organization and the clients we support. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and work with forward-thinking, passionate people that will help you integrate what you learn in school with “real world” business initiatives. Role Summary & Job Responsibilities:
You will be placed within a specific department within Technology Business Solutions or Technology Services. As a Software Engineering Intern you will:
- Support part of the software development process: Design, develop, modify, adapt and implement short- and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems, databases and applications infrastructure
- Review and interpret system requirements and business processes
- Code, test, debug and implement software solutions
- Recommend technical solutions based on partnership with our senior engineers
- Implement automated testing
- Work with existing data models and schemas
- Apply strong logic and reasoning capabilities
- Build industry knowledge to support the software development activities and understand the work of the team.
- Mobile Application Development (iOS/Swift, Android/Java, Apple Testflight, Google Firebase)
- Cloud Computing (Amazon Web Services: Development and Operations, Systems Administration, App Support)
- Operating Systems (Linux)
- Machine learning
- Full time student pursing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date of December 2024 – May/June 2026.
- Major: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or Data Science
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Actively seeks feedback and mentorship in order to improve technical skills (e.g., through submitting work for code or model review)
- Demonstrate competence in at least one programming language or technology
- A commitment to continuous learning and development
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Stays current with many best-of-breed technologies
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Aug. 24, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!