2024 Summer Internship, Early Careers - Chief Operating Office
Posted on Aug. 16, 2023 by InternPlug
- Charlottetown, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionInternship Program Overview:
Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the Chief Operating Office (COO) organization for a 2024 summer internship.
The COO Early Talent program encompasses two pathways to learn and support COO functions to help create and manage processes while growing your expertise:
- COO Operations Internship
- COO Business Services Internship*
COO's Business Services Internships are professional development programs that provide participants with a ten-week overview of Wells Fargo and a high-level understanding of the company's operations, business strategies, and organizational culture. The internship experience includes relationship building, relevant work assignments, coaching, feedback sessions, group projects, and other informative learning sessions with key leaders. It is designed to provide undergraduate students with a blend of business and professional development training opportunities that incorporate real-world experiences and prepare you for a career at Wells Fargo.
After training, you will join the Business Services group within one of our functions (Corporate Properties Group, Strategic Programs & Enterprise Change Management, or Supply Chain Management) to be fully integrated within the function's day-to-day activities.
This role is to pipeline to our full-time COO Analyst Program. Upon completion of the ten-week internship, you may receive an offer of full-time employment.
Strategic Programs & Enterprise Change Management
The Strategy & Project roles will be spread across COO's Business Management Office and Strategic Programs & Enterprise Change Management groups. The Business Management Office supports cross-COO activities, including business updates, coordination of technology business case development and prioritization, various communications, and employee engagement activities. Strategic Programs brings together groups with expertise in strategy, problem solving, process reengineering, and drives large, complex programs to completion. The team works across Wells Fargo on high-priority, strategic initiatives such as divestitures, our Workforce and Location Strategy, our COVID-Return to Office response, and our efficiency efforts. Enterprise Change Management ensures the bank's most critical change initiatives are carried out through sound change management processes, within the bank's risk appetite, and does so efficiently, sustainably, and at scale.
Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management aligns with business leaders across the enterprise to deliver advantageous supply solutions with acceptable third-party risk. The Supply Chain global team specializes in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, procure-to-pay capabilities, third-party risk management, and timely supply chain analytics. Supply Chain also connects with our communities through supplier diversity outreach and by embedding socially responsible strategies into our sourcing processes.
Corporate Properties Group
The Corporate Properties Group (CPG) team is responsible for managing all aspects of the Wells Fargo real estate portfolio, including real estate strategy, capacity planning, transactions, construction, property management and workplace experience. CPG manages 70 million square feet of real estate at over 5,000 sites in 22 countries and territories. CPG is responsible for delivering quality real estate and workplace services while improving utilization, efficiency, and effectiveness. They elevate employee experience, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, and manage and control risk within real estate operations
In this role you will:
- Gain on-the-job experience: Working as part of a high-performing team in your business group, you will gain in-depth experience as an intern. You will begin to build your analytical and interpersonal communication skills by actively participating in your team's day-to-day activities.
- Receive professional support: You will be matched with a colleague who will be available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the summer. You will also have the support of a program manager and functional cohort to support you through your intern experience.
- Benefit from a virtual speaker series: Wells Fargo's top leaders provide insight into how to make the most of your summer experience, share their career paths, tips and advice, while also sharing trends in the financial and functional spaces they serve.
- Take part in organization networking activities: We promote community involvement and networking with other summer interns and full-time analysts across other programs. You will have the opportunity to create lasting professional relationships, build your network, and take advantage of a diverse and rapidly growing workforce.
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability.
- Experience working across teams.
- Energetic self-starter who proactively takes initiative, remains curious and has a genuine interest in learning and growth.
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Bachelor's degree candidate with an expected graduation between December 2024 - May/June 2025
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest and/or experience in the financial services industry
- Involvement in extracurricular enrichment activities through one or more of the following: volunteerism, student organization involvement, study abroad program(s), leadership position(s), non-profit involvement
- BA/BS degree candidate with a major concentration in: Business Administration/Business Management, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Real Estate, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Construction Management, Supply Chain Management, or with an emphasis in one or more of the aforementioned focus areas. All majors are welcome.
Program Location : Charlotte, NC
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
Sept. 15, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!