2024 Summer Internship, Early Careers - Coo Operations
Posted on Aug. 18, 2023 by InternPlug
- St. Louis, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAbout this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the Chief Operating Office (COO) organization for a 2024 summer internship. The COO Early Talent program encompasses two pathways to learn and support COO functions to help create and manage processes while growing your expertise:
- COO Operations Internship*
- COO Business Services Internship
- Through this job requisition, we are specifically hiring for the COO Operations internship.
The 2024 COO Operations Summer Internship program is designed to provide participants with an in-depth orientation to Wells Fargo and the Operations groups within our organization. Throughout the internship you will gain comprehensive professional and industry experience within one of our Operations functions, while participating in relevant and meaningful work assignments. The experience also includes real-world training, group projects, and exposure to key leaders within the Operations business groups.
In addition to the on-the-job daily experiences, we offer an In-Person and Virtual Speaker Series where Wells Fargo's top leaders provide insight into making the most of your summer experience along with trends in the financial services industry. Organized networking activities to promote community involvement and networking with fellow interns are also part of the comprehensive internship experience within this program.
The COO Operations Summer Internship Program includes opportunities in the businesses listed below, highlighting the variety of Operations functions at Wells Fargo. You may be placed into any one of them (non-rotational) for the duration of the 10-week internship.
- Wealth & Investment Management (WIM)
- Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB)
- Cards & Personal Lending
- Payment Operations
- Wholesale Lending
- Consumer & Small Business Banking
- Home Lending
In this role you will:
Interns assume significant responsibilities that may include:
- Maintain daily contact with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior management, team members, individual contributors and vendors
- Provide customer service to clients and internal team members as necessary
- Understand business needs and provide possible solutions by explaining in clear verbal and/or written communications to customers and/or management
- Partner alongside various operations team on daily functions and responsibilities which may include, but not limited to:
- Client Onboarding & Account Maintenance
- Collection, maintenance, reinvestment and disbursement of funds
- Trade Processing, P&L production and analysis
- Supporting daily settlement functions which include payment affirmation, settlement and exception resolution
- Contribute to business process modeling to enhance operational design processes
- Create presentations, and visuals to assist with documenting business requirements
- Participate in new technology upgrades and testing of system enhancements
- Compile and analyze metrics to identify trends, efficiencies, and potential control opportunities
- Lead or participate in projects or support activities, which are moderate in size and organization span
- Share ideas and suggestions to improve day to day processes
- Apply knowledge of the business and process engineering discipline to optimize business performance
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Energetic self-starter who proactively takes initiative, remains curious and has a genuine interest in learning and growth
Program Locations : Primary locations for the Operations Summer Internship Program are Charlotte, NC, Minneapolis, MN, St. Louis, MO, and Phoenix, AZ depending on business alignment and need.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelor's degree with an expected graduation date between December 2024 - June 2025
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Involvement in extracurricular enrichment activities through one or more of the following: volunteerism, student organization involvement, study abroad program(s), leadership position(s), non-profit involvement
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems, Data Analysis, Marketing, Communications, English or related field. All majors are welcome.
- Ability to travel 5% or more of the time
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo. After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
Sept. 17, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!