2024 Summer Internship, Early Careers - Human Resources
Posted on Sept. 24, 2023 by InternPlug
- Charlottetown, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAbout this role : Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the Human Resources (HR) organization for a 2024 summer internship. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
Human Resources (HR) at Wells Fargo is a centralized function that is aligned with and supports the company, lines of business, and enterprise functions. The HR organization is responsible for building and implementing strategies, programs, and infrastructure to identify, develop, and retain top talent for the company. HR has a critical role in supporting employees, advancing our company's culture work, supporting its transformation, and shaping our organization's success.
Wells Fargo is committed to developing the leaders of tomorrow, and as part of that commitment we are proud to offer the Human Resources Internship Program. You will begin your ten-week experience with a robust orientation and training and then launch into your internship assignment. During your time as an HR Intern, you will have on-the-job experiences, dedicated program management support, access to senior leaders and mentors, and ongoing learning opportunities to help guide and shape your career path. This program is designed to provide undergraduate students a blend of business and professional development training opportunities that incorporate real-world experiences and prepare you for a career in HR at Wells Fargo.
During the Human Resources Internship Program you will gain exposure to distinct teams with top-talent managers across the HR Function. Teams include, but are not limited to: Talent Acquisition, HR Advisory, Employee Relations, Compensation, Data Analytics, HR Operations and Service Delivery, Talent Management and Learning.
In this role you will :
- Receive on-the-job training and development to broaden your professional and technical skills within Human Resources
- Analyze data and present findings & recommendations to senior leadership
- Partner with experienced professionals dedicated to equity & inclusion
- Work on human capital management projects across lines of business to enhance current processes and identify best practices across multiple lines of business
- Gain insights into and experience collaboration with business partners on strategy, planning, and project management
- Expand your professional network through mentorship, sponsorship, and engagement with senior leadership
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelor's degree with an expected graduation date between December 2024 - June 2025
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in both written and verbal form
- Involvement in extracurricular enrichment activities through one or more of the following: volunteerism, student organization involvement, study abroad program(s), leadership position(s), non-profit involvement
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest and/or experience in: social media for business purposes, proficiency in marketing platforms such as LinkedIn & Twitter, previous work with career services at their university
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team or committee
- Energetic self-starter who proactively takes initiative, remains curious, and has a genuine interest in learning and growth
- Ability to quickly evaluate and solve analytical problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize insights from multiple sources into a clear story
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in the fields of Human Resources, Finance, or Analytics. All majors are welcome
Program duration: 10 weeks
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo. After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
Oct. 24, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!