2024 Summer Internship, Early Careers - Technology (Software Or Data Engineer)
Posted on Aug. 24, 2023 by InternPlug
- Charlottetown, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAbout this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the 2024 Technology Internship Program. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
The Wells Fargo Technology Internship Program provides participants with a ten-week orientation and training to Wells Fargo and the Technology groups within our organization. The hands-on experience includes relevant work assignments, real-world training, group projects, refining communication skills and exposure to key leaders. It is designed to provide undergraduate students with a blend of business and technical insights. Professional development is a key theme and includes informative learning sessions, coaching, and networking opportunities.
In this role, you will:
Be placed in one of the following roles where your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Software Engineer - Responsible for application design, development, testing, readiness and integration which can include developing enhancements or resolving bugs in existing applications, developing new applications to support the sunset of older applications and working with ancillary technologies to support application integration and data integrity. Accountable for the technical evolution of our services, working in close partnership with enterprise architecture, product management and partner teams. Typically, will work within an Agile (Scrum / Kanban) setting.
- Typical Tech Stacks: Java, .Net Core/ASP.Net, UI Frameworks (ReactJS, Node.js, Angular JS, JQuery, Java Script), Spring Boot, GitHub, TDD/BDD, API, Microservices, Jenkins, Docker, Cloud Technologies (PCF, Azure, Google)
- Data Engineer - Create and support reusable frameworks, data warehouses and analytics environments for data engineering and leverage common design patterns across traditional and bigdata solutions. Contribute to the data integration work, including developing a data model, maintaining a data warehouse and analytics environment, and writing scripts for data integration and analysis. Build and maintain optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting. Resolve moderately complex issues to meet data engineering deliverables while leveraging data information policies, procedures and compliance requirements.
- Typical Tech Stacks: Python, MongoDB, MySQL, SQL, AI/ML, Tableau/PowerBI
Ideal candidate for this role must have the following:
- Energetic self-starter who proactively takes initiative, remains curious and has a genuine interest in learning and growth
- Ability to learn from and collaborate with a diverse set of employees in a fast paced, change driven and dynamic environment
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other Technology STEM related majors with an expected graduation date between December 2024-June 2025.
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest and/or experience with: Java, Cloud technology, .NET, Python, SQL or related technical skills
- Involvement in extracurricular enrichment activities through one or more of the following: volunteerism, student organization involvement, study abroad program(s), leadership position(s), non-profit involvement
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Dallas Metro Market Area
- Minneapolis Market Area
- New York Market Area
- Phoenix Market Area
- San Francisco Bay Market Area
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Locations subject to change and contingent on business needs
- AZ: $33 Hourly
- CA: $40 Hourly
- MN: $33 Hourly
- MO: $33 Hourly
- NC: $33 Hourly
- NJ: $40 Hourly
- NY: $40 Hourly
- TX: $33 Hourly
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo. After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
Sept. 23, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!