2024 Summer Technology Internship
Posted on Sept. 26, 2023 by InternPlug
- Boston, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAt BBH we value diverse backgrounds, so if your experience looks a little different from what we've outlined and you think you can bring value to the role, we will still welcome your application! What You Can Expect At BBH: If you join BBH you will find a collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can. You will have direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world. BBH will provide you with opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm. We encourage a culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective. We provide a high-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind. Ultimately we want you to have rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage. Our BBH Cares program offers volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others. 2024 Technology Internship Solving complex issues in the financial industry requires a team of remarkable individuals who dream big and achieve goals with teamwork, integrity, and excellence. We hire bright self-starters, provide them the tools to succeed, and give them the freedom to excel. Start your career at Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) and learn firsthand about our services, culture, and the financial services industry – while growing personally and professionally. We value our internship programs as they help us identify our future hires and leaders. An internship with Technology department provides insight to what sets us apart from others in the industry. If you’re innovative, entrepreneurial and client focused, then BBH Technology is the place for you. Our team is dedicated to fulfilling the information and transaction processing needs of the fast-paced financial markets. Members of the team document, develop, test, implement, and support products that meet the Firm’s critical business needs. Utilizing the best available, proven technology, we provide high-quality, cost-effective, and timely solutions for our clients. Our services are at the core of BBH’s superior client service, enabling team members to respond quickly and effectively to address client needs. What can you expect from an Internship with BBH?
- 10-week program where you will be fully immersed in current business needs
- Ongoing training and guidance that enable you to make an impact
- Formal orientation
- Feedback throughout the program to support your development and help you succeed.
- Organized social and volunteer events
- Exposure to different areas of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Hands on experience with coding, testing or documenting scope and product requirements
- Learning how technology solutions are built, deployed, run and protected, to support business functions
- Participating in the evolution of BBH’s data strategy
- Working alongside Cybersecurity professionals to protect BBH
- Learning Vendor Management skills
- Understanding IT Strategy and Management
- Managing technology on premise and cloud working alongside IT Engineers
- Hands on experience with Linux, containers, and virtual hypervisors
- Exposure to development and automation tools
- Troubleshooting technical issues and provide providing solutions to users
- Currently a junior in college, entering senior year in Fall of 2023 Undergraduate computer science or information technology majors are strongly preferred with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to analyze business processes to identify patterns, trends, and opportunities for improvement
- Experience or interest in working with large quantities of information for analysis
- Demonstrated leadership skills through academic and extracurricular activities
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically, both independently and as part of a team
- Sound judgment and demonstrated ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple deadlines
- PC proficiency, specifically in MS Office, general knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Technology design, Agile development, Programming skills (Java, SQL, .net)
Salary Range Jersey City: $30 per hour, Boston: $30 per hour, and Philadelphia: $28 per hour BBH’s compensation program includes base salary, discretionary bonuses, and profit-sharing. The anticipated base salary range(s) shown above are only for the indicated location(s) and may differ in other locations due to cost of living and labor considerations. Base salaries may vary based on factors such as skill, experience and qualification for the role. BBH's total rewards package recognizes your contributions with more than just a paycheck—providing you with benefits that enhance your experience at BBH from long-term savings, healthcare, and income protection to professional development opportunities and time off, our programs support your overall well-being.
Oct. 26, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!