5g Software Developer Co-Op - Winter 2024
Posted on Sept. 20, 2023 by InternPlug
- Ottawa, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Position: 5G Software Developer Co-op
Number of positions: 1
Start date: January 8th, 2024
Location: 349 Terry Fox Drive, Ottawa, Ontario. Hybrid.
Duration: (months): 8, 12 or 16 are possible
Section acronym: BNEW EUIR RP PD1 DE PEG Development 1E (Engineering Unit Integrated RAN Baseband Group 1E in Ottawa)
** Request ** Please indicate in your application resume, or a cover letter, how many months you are available for. Since there is a lot to learn, we are seeking students available for eight months or longer. Please include your most recent transcripts in your application.
As the tech firm that was instrumental in creating the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead, and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Come and be where it begins!
About this opportunity
- Challenging & interesting work
- Social & networking events
- Internal projects
- Peer & senior level networking
- Collaborative, helpful work teams
- Beautiful modern campus, plus work from home, as needed
- Lots of extra activities for employees to participate in
- Evaluated as a best employer in Canada, multiple times
- Opportunities for full time employment down the road
The 5G Baseband software development team has two positions to fill. They include:
- Automated test development involves developing the infrastructure to support 5G automated testing and developing automated test cases to test new 5G software features. Very interesting coding work. Various areas to focus test development on such as Layer 1 or 2, test framework, 5G features, etc.
- Tools development involves developing/debugging software tools which support developer’s needs, such as command-line and web-based tools, 5G log analysis tools, debug tools, software management tools, etc.
They all provide great learning opportunity in 5G wireless technology. There are plenty of interesting tools exposure too. There is also lots of team support and student peers to work with.
If any of these types of work interest you then apply! During the interview we can discuss which positions and types of work interest you the most.
What you will do
- Developing/coding automated 5G test cases
- Developing/coding automated test tools capabilities
- Trouble shooting and helping to resolve issues with the test environment
- Working with a team, and on your own, to perform software integration testing in the lab
- Assisting in the investigation of issues uncovered during testing
- Lab equipment configuration and set-up
- Reviewing software designs and test plans
- Developing tools and/or scripts, often testing related
- Reporting on test results
- Collaborate with colleagues using Agile ways of working
You will bring
- Strong assets include experience with Linux, Gerrit, GitHub, Jenkins, Django, and Angular.
- LTE and/or 5G wireless protocols, or wireless knowledge in general, is beneficial.
- Academic background in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Working towards completion of a bachelors, masters, or doctoral degree
- Entering any coop term (1st, 2nd, …).
- Interpersonal skills: Independent, self-starter, team player, organization skills, detail oriented and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Effective English oral and written communications skills.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Are you in?
This position reports directly to the Line Manager.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team. Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and you may be required to perform additional job tasks as assigned.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Req ID: 734853
Oct. 20, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!