Posted on June 30, 2023 by InternPlug
- East Los Angeles, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
This is a full-time temporary intern. It is designed to give the intern the opportunity to gain valuable business experience in an accounting/finance role. The intern will be able to assist as needed with opportunities to learn more in the realm of accounting operations.
The term of the internship is through the summer with an expected end date of when the intern returns to college in the fall.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accounts Receivable: cash collections and cash applications
- Accounts Payable: apply vendor payments
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Post journal entries.
- Support month-end closing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comfortable with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Able to work in a team environment
- Fast learner, ability to be agile and manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Accounting, Finance or Economic major is a plus
- This role is primarily a remote role but we do have office space available in Downtown Los Angeles if needed.
- Must possess a current, valid state-issued driver’s license.
This is primarily a remote position that requires reliable internet connection and electricity. A monthly stipend is provided to cover expenses associated with working remotely and use of a personal mobile device, if applicable.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience, education, and location. Hourly base salary for this position is $18.50 - $23.10 and is eligible for overtime pay in accordance with local state and federal ‘Wage and Hour’ requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Flexible work from home options available.
July 30, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
Shadows Accounting department in most of their duties; Assists with research, filing, data entry…
Accounting Intern PRN
Hourly Wage Estimate: $19.25 - $19.25 / hour Learn more about the benefits offered for this jo…