Accounting Intern Prn
Posted on July 1, 2023 by InternPlug
- Santiago de las Vegas, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $19.25 - $19.25 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Accounting Intern PRN today with Sunrise Hospital.
Sunrise Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Accounting Intern PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in various accounting functions via on-the-job training.
- Assist in managing the contract approval process
- Establish and maintain a filing system for hard copies of all agreements
- Solves internal and external customer problems
- Conduct periodic audits of MVH contracts
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- Hours of operation are 7:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday thru Friday
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer (May-August)
- Must be available to work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year
- Participate in professional training offered to all employees
- Engage in employee events, such as company picnic
- Build resume and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Academic credit will be available to qualifying students who receive approval from their university
- Flexible scheduling to allow for finals and changes in the class schedule
- Upon successful completion of the internship, you will be provided with a letter of recommendation
- Must be actively enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program at an accredited local University with a major in Accounting or healthcare related field
- Junior or Senior level, with a current GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong technical and organizational skills, in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- The position will require a minimum of 20 hours and a maximum of 40 hours per week.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without Visa sponsorship.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center provides Las Vegas and the Southwest region with high-quality, advanced healthcare services. We have been serving our community for nearly 60 years. Sunrise Hospital has been a Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years. We are the largest acute care facility in Nevada and the state's only fresh post-op Pediatric CICU. Our facility offers an advanced comprehensive stroke center which received the Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the GWTG.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Accounting Intern PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
July 31, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!