Administrative Student Affairs Coordinator
Posted on Sept. 13, 2023 by InternPlug
- Montréal, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionPlease refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar). Position Summary:
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides administrative and secretarial support for administrative and student affairs activities. Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit’s operations. Responsible for documents and files of unit. Acts as resource person for policies and procedures. Coordinates activities related to admission, examinations, registration and graduation. Advises students and resolves problems in relation to their files. Edits documents for grammar and accuracy. Administers unit accounts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as resource person regarding academic and administrative policies and procedures. Resolves problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate internal and external resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit. Collects and presents factual information relating to area of responsibility, and recommends procedural changes to improve the effective functioning of the unit. Collaborates with supervisor and other staff in establishing work priorities. Follows-up and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by supervisor.
- Receives and provides detailed information and explanations to students. Controls enrolment in courses. Participates in the organization of admissions and registration. Prepares, examines and verifies admissions and registration files related to courses and programs. Completes and approves forms concerning course or program changes, interdepartmental or interuniversity registration, and residency and internship programs.
- Advises students in relation to their files. Resolves problems. Ensures the application of academic regulations and deadlines. According to the needs of the unit, prepares residency rotation and other student activity schedules, contacting the necessary officials to coordinate and verify placement.
- Compiles information, verifies and updates timetables and calendar entries. Coordinates submission to central scheduling system and acts as a contact person for the unit. Maintains a current file of courses, calendars, programs, students and graduates.
- Organizes specific operations with regard to the start of the semester, loan applications, course and residency evaluation, and exam scheduling and invigilation. Prepares timetables and schedules room bookings for unit. Prepares schedules and books exams for unit.
- Verifies and compiles grades. Coordinates submission of grades and requests for grade revisions as well as deferred exams. Verifies and corrects transcripts. Prepares for and attends evaluation meetings and follows up as required.
- Schedules meetings, contacts participants and books meeting rooms. Assists with preparation of agenda. Attends meetings, takes minutes, and follows up on decisions within area of responsibility.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities: Proven ability to multi-task, evaluate priorities and meet strict deadlines. Must possess strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and initiative. Must be customer-focused and service-oriented. Proven flexibility in order to adapt to frequent changes and demands. Demonstrated experience working with students with proven ability to listen and assist students and staff with a variety of problems as well as ability to clearly transmit and receive information both in writing and verbally. Demonstrated ability to work independently. Demonstrated strong ability to work in a computerized environment using word-processing software, databases, spreadsheets and presentation software. English, spoken and written. French, spoken. Knowledge of French and English: McGill University is an English-language university where day to day duties may require English communication both verbally and in writing. The level of English required for this position has been assessed at a level 4 on a scale of 0-4. Minimum Education and Experience: DEP - Office Systems 4 Years Related Experience / DEP - Secretarial Studies Hourly Salary: (MUNACA Level G) $31.19 - $38.65 Hours per Week: 33.75 (Full time) Supervisor: Student Affairs Officer Position End Date (If applicable): 2024-04-02 Deadline to Apply: 2023-09-20 McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Oct. 13, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!