Posted on July 4, 2023 by InternPlug
- Midrand, South Africa
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
JOB PURPOSE AND PROFILE
To provide administrative support to the Acquisition Management unit to ensure the effective and efficient running of the business unit, provide superior client service and to support the CETA in the execution of the overall strategy.
- Coordinate and provide administrative duties in the business unit such as, receiving telephone calls, correspondence and emails and flagging them as required.
- Work with the Officers and Specialist to prioritise an agenda and focus on the most important issues and opportunities within the business unit.
- Develop, maintain and update the business unit’s annual meetings planner.
- Coordinate the business unit’s meetings and preparation and ensure that all invitations, logistics, minutes and relevant agendas and material are provided.
- Assist in the coordination of relevant workshops, bid committee meetings and other events as required within the business unit.
- Attend key meetings as directed by the team with the purpose of ensuring follow-up and execution on identified actions.
- Provide input and formulate business presentations in consultation with the team.
- Order, receive, verify, store and maintain an accurate inventory of office supplies as required.
- Perform special projects as required in the business unit, including the review, research, summarization and analysis of information.
- Provide support on the CETA’s special projects, campaigns and events.
- Support the development of high-quality templates and tools to assist with the effective management of and continuous improvement within the business unit’s process efficiencies.
- Provide administrative support in quality assurance activities to ensure that the business achieves its tactical work plan goals.
- Respond to routine queries and escalate higher-level requests to the relevant staff in the business unit as required.
- Prepare non-routine and routine correspondence and proofread relevant documents before circulation.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of document flows and the retrieving and archiving of information in a confidential manner.
- Assist with the coordination and compilation of reports for the business unit for review and submission.
- Assist in the capturing of relevant information and maintaining the database for the business unit, ensuring data integrity.
- Assist in the compilation, coordination and verification of relevant invoices and supporting documents for the business unit for submission to the Finance business unit
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in line with applicable Acts, Regulations and per CETA relevant policies and procedures.
- Assist in identifying and adhering to fraud controls, risk prevention principles, sound governance and compliance processes, and tools to identify and manage risks.
- Support and provide evidence to all internal and external audit requirements.
- Maintain quality risk management standards in line with relevant requirements.
- Maintain and enforce all related Service Level Agreements to minimise business risk and ensure business continuity.
- Review related Standard Operating Procedures in consultation with the Specialist: Acquisition Management to ensure business optimisation.
- Adhere to all relevant laws, policies and Standard Operating Procedures throughout the organisation.
- Contribute to the review and update of the CETA policies and procedures (all staff)
- Prepare and submit to supervisor accurate complete and credible monthly reports as required for consolidation and tabling at monthly EXCOs.
- Ensure all work performed is backed-up regularly as per ICT polices onto the CETA electronic servers.
- Apply / implement and undertake all activities and duties in line with policies, procedures and relevant laws and regulations applicable to the task at hand.
- Attend risk, compliance, ethics and fraud prevention updates meetings, trainings and workshops as scheduled by CETA.
- Contribute to the risk maturity levels at the CETA.
- Follow protocols and report suspicious activities, corrupt or fraudulent activities that one is aware of; onto the CETA whistle blowing and fraud prevention hotline.
- Ensure that all relevant CETA registers, reconciliations and regulatory reports are compiled and submitted on time.
- Build and maintain relationships with all CETA officers including EXCO, for the purposes of expectations management and knowledge sharing.
- Provide advocacy on matters related to the business unit to make informed decisions.
- Represent and participate in the organisation’s committees and tasks teams when required.
- Convene and attend meetings and present findings and business cases to relevant stakeholders when required.
- Implement timeous communication on progress and challenges in achieving the tactical work plans to impacted stakeholders.
- Attend industry related forums, conferences and workshops to gain industry insight for the purpose of business improvement.
- Attend and address all stakeholder queries timeously and effectively.
- Live and demonstrate exemplary behaviours driven and anchored on / by CETA values.
- Ensure that on-the-job training, learning and development is taking place.
- Share and play an effective role in ensuring that teams assist in achieving of strategic goals and mandate of the CETA.
- Supervise, empower, coach and /mentor interns that are assigned to the business unit.
- Contribute to the financial sustainability of CETA by ensure no wasteful and fruitless expenditures are incurred in the area of responsibility.
- Ensure that is assisting the business unit to operate within the allocated operational budgets.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Matric/Grade 12.
- NQF Level 5 qualification in a relevant field.
- 1-2 Years in Administration
- Valid Driver’s License.
The following Attributes are necessary to succeed in this role;
- Punctual, self-discipline and a motivated team player.
- Ethical consciousness and conduct in all dealings with the matters of CETA.
- Emotionally intelligent and communicates well across all levels.
- Analytical and pay attention to detail.
- Deadline driven.
- Adaptable and problem-solver.
- Excellent negotiation and organising skills.
- Innovative and creative self-starter.
- Ability to work with difficult individuals.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
Remuneration for this role is a negotiable basic plus benefits package per annum, in line with the CETA Remuneration Policy and the applicable salary scales. A competitive package will be negotiated to attract best candidates.
The appointment will be a long-term appointment linked to CETA licence, subject to satisfactory performance as per Performance Management Policy of the CETA.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to vetting and assessment process by the CETA; with the successful candidates subjected to security vetting.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes.
Enquiries: Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
The CETA reserves the right to cancel this advert, and / or not to appoint.
CETA will only correspond with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive correspondence from CETA within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
“CETA is committed to providing equal opportunities and practicing affirmative action employment. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender, disability) in the organisation through filling of this position and candidates whose appointment will promote representativity will receive preference”.
Aug. 3, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!