Algorithm Development Internship – Summer 2024
Posted on Sept. 7, 2023 by InternPlug
- Singapore, Singapore
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Please only apply to one job posting. We recommend you apply for the position/office you are most interested in. Upon review of your application, if your skill sets are better suited for another position, we will reach out and let you know. If you are interested in multiple offices, you will have the opportunity to indicate that below in the application questions.
HRT is seeking exceptional full-time students to join our Algorithm Development summer internship program. Algorithm Developers at HRT focus on the research and implementation of automated trading strategies. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to rotate between our high-frequency trading, multi-frequency trading, and/or machine learning teams. In close collaboration with your mentors, you will apply sophisticated quantitative modeling techniques to understand and predict market behavior and write software to improve our trading strategies.
We are looking for quantitatively-driven and practically-minded programmers, scientists, and mathematicians who are excited to collaborate with others to solve the most challenging problems in our field.
What to Expect
- Leverage our proprietary infrastructure (Python/C++) in conjunction with third-party tools to conduct quantitative research and data analysis
- Use machine learning and time series techniques to derive novel insights regarding market behavior from large and complex datasets
- Work on real projects in close collaboration with experienced researchers, traders, and developers
- Use our world-class compute cluster to run simulations and crunch data
- Build predictive models for financial markets using a combination of market and non-market data
- Attend and participate in Tech Talks that provide an overview of markets and HRT's trading philosophy
- Enjoy a curriculum of speakers, trading games, mentorships, and social events throughout the summer
- You are a full-time undergraduate, masters, or PhD student in a quantitative discipline (math, physics, computer science, statistics, or a related program) who is eligible for full-time roles in 2025
- Experience programming in Python is a must; C++ is a plus for those interested in high-frequency trading
- Experience with statistical analysis, numerical programming, or machine learning in Python, Pandas/Numpy, R, and/or MATLAB
- A passion for applying quantitative models and technology toward solving real-world problems
- Strong communication skills
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We're a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we're friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we'd love to get to know you.
Oct. 7, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!