Posted on Sept. 17, 2023 by InternPlug
- Hastings, New Zealand
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionFull time / Fixed term position
6 month attachment
There are exciting opportunities for Registrars to join Te Whatu Ora Hawke’s Bay in full time positions. Applications are invited for the position of Anaesthetic Registrars commencing in January 2024 for a six month period. The Anaesthetic Department offer supportive working conditions and are committed to excellent teaching.
Hawke’s Bay Hospital is a 400 bed hospital providing acute and elective care for the Hawke's Bay region. We have most major medical and surgical subspecialties on site (except cardiothoracic and neurosurgery), as well as paediatrics and O&G. We are well supported by a strong regional ICU team. We have strengthening Primary and Community health services and an increasingly integrated approach to health and health care.
There are currently seven operating theatres, one of which is a dedicated acute theatre. Our 8th theatre is being built, and aiming to be operational from the end of 2023 or the beginning of 2024. An anaesthetic service is also provided for radiology and interventional gastroenterology (ERCP, selected upper and lower GI scopes), interventional vascular procedures, as well as a lithotripsy bus. Working within a team of 11 Registrars you have the full support of 30 Specialists.
The department is approved for two years of FANZCA training plus an extra six months of the ICU component of the FANZCA. Split positions are often available between ICU/Anaesthetics for experiences Registrars. ICU has a busy retrieval service. We also provide an intrapartum epidural service for delivery suite which has around 2000 deliveries per annum, as well as an acute pain service. We also run a dedicated pre-admission clinic. We are actively involved in teaching – there is organised, regular, focused, weekly part 1 teaching, as well as in-service training, and our registrars in turn get the opportunity to pass on their knowledge and skills to other learning groups, eg trainee interns, nurse and tech education, and departmental academic meetings and journal clubs.
Please note: CV’s for Anaesthetic Registrar posts are required to be completed as per the standardised CV format. Click here to view CV Template. Ideal applicants should have at least three years of post graduate clinical experience
If you’re not already living in Hawke's Bay and making the most of what's on offer, you should know it boasts an enviable lifestyle with great homes, superb schools, a burgeoning economy, and no traffic headaches. Whether you like living by the sea, next to the river, nestled in the hills, close to the mountains and forests, in a village community, or an art deco city...Hawke's Bay has it all.
Experience and Eligibility
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who will be PGY3+ or above.
- You will have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The Immigration NZ website can be found at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas
Interested parties are to apply online and should include:
- Up to date CV noting full dates of employment.
- Cover letter specifying preferred start date.
- 3x Reference Request form (one of whom must be your most recent supervisor). Reports must be received by the stated closing date to complete your application. Click here to download the Reference Request Form. References should be returned to the Recruitment Consultant, contact details below. Please note the RMO Unit will not contact referees to complete a reference, it is the candidates responsibility to ensure references are completed.
For further information please contact:
RMO Recruitment Advisor by email email@example.com
Oct. 17, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!