Apco Amplify (Paid Media) Internship - Fall '23
Posted on July 1, 2023 by InternPlug
- Washington, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Our interns will experience on-the-job training in client services, global marketing, or new business development, are embedded with one or more of our five North American office teams, and are involved in a wide variety of daily client account activities. Interns are treated as professional staff, participate in team meetings and actively contribute ideas, and support the overall management and growth of client work and the firm.
APCO leverages paid media to tell powerful stories. Our campaigns draw upon existing content (or created content, as appropriate) around success stories of companies and key facts that convey unique value propositions. The ultimate goal of our campaign is to drive perception and interest among our target audience in a way that is measurable and actionable.
APCO’s clients include local, national and global organizations in the technology, trade, food and beverage, and healthcare sectors.
This internship will sit with APCO's Amplify practice out of our Washington DC or New York Office.
- Monitor issues, news events and competitor happenings
- Building paid media strategies for clientele based on brief or digital requirements
- Help with social media research
- Create social media content
- Assist with drafting and editing client deliverables
- Identify and compile lists of political stakeholders and media contacts
- Research topics and issues and analyze findings
- Identify relevant healthcare stakeholders and potential influencers
- Assist in the development of client proposals
- Contribute to new business pitches
- Contribute to brainstorms and communications plans
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated interest in media, communications, or journalism
- Knowledge of digital media advertising sphere.
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment collaborating with a distributed team
- Excellent written and oral communication and research skills
- Entrepreneurial with strong critical thinking abilities
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Able to multi-task and approach assignments independently
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Available to work 25-40 hours per week
What are the core working hours and will I need to be in an office?
Our interns work between 25-40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We are committed to a hybrid and flexible working environment, and there may be days that you wish to work from home and days that we come together so that you get to explore more of our culture and meet other colleagues. You will be provided with a company laptop so that you are able to work from home and in the office easily.
This is a paid internship at a fixed hourly rate of $17.00.
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications will close on Sunday, July 23rd.
When does the internship commence?
Our intern program begins on Tuesday, September 5th and end on Friday, December 15th 2023.
About APCO Worldwide
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for five consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews.
APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
July 31, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!