Apprentice / Internship - System Support
Posted on Sept. 8, 2023 by InternPlug
- Salt Lake City, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job Description:This position supports the department by performing assigned tasks or assisting with assigned projects, allowing the intern to gain an understanding of computer system support.
Generally, the internship is a required or preferred component of an undergraduate or graduate studies program. This position allows a student to gain work experience in one or more non-clinical roles. The work experience and projects should be related the student's field of study and support Intermountain's mission, vision and values. Internships require a business justification from each department and / or facility and must support projects or processes that add value to Intermountain. This position is temporary by nature, lasting less than 12 months. Temporary positions are not eligible for Intermountain's benefits programs, PTO accrual or paid holidays.
1. Participates and is involved in a variety of projects that support the needs of the department / facility. Works with the members of the team to identify solutions and perform tasks that accomplish individual and team goals.
2. Attends team / department meetings and actively participate / take on opportunities to share knowledge and skills that are pertinent to the meeting.
3. Gains knowledge of the department's / facilities functions. May job shadow various roles within the department in order to understand their role in the organization.
4. Works with other members of the department / facility to accomplish assigned tasks.
5. Project Assistance: May be assigned one or more specific projects during the internship. Demonstrates an understanding of the process and accountability for the results / outcomes. Works independently or as a member of a team to accomplish the tasks necessary to successfully complete the project. Involves others when needed in a timely manner and work to meet project timelines.
6. Miscellaneous: Provides staff operational / clerical support to the department / facility as needed.
Student in business fields (Information Systems, Computer Science, etc.), who is in the first two years of an undergraduate program at an accredited institution. Education is verified.
Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- and -
Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity.
Anticipated job posting close date:09/15/2023
Location:Homecare - Salt Lake City, Key Bank Tower
Work City:Salt Lake City
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.$16.67 - $23.32
We care about your well-being – mind, body, and spirit – which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our Idaho, Nevada, and Utah based caregivers , and for our Colorado, Montana, and Kansas based caregivers ; and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion .
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Oct. 8, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!