Associate Consultant Intern, Summer 2024 - Toronto, Canada
Posted on Aug. 16, 2023 by InternPlug
- Toronto, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionOur Purpose We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results. Title and Summary Associate Consultant Intern, Summer 2024 - Toronto, Canada Associate Consultant Intern
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our clients grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global client base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
Make an Impact as an Associate Consultant Intern
As an Associate Consultant Intern, you will collaborate with exceptional colleagues to help some of the world's biggest brands answer their most challenging strategic questions. Working with technology and data, you will gain broad exposure to a range of industries, including financial services, retail, restaurants, hospitality and more.
As an Associate Consultant Intern, you will:
- Work on small teams to solve our clients' most challenging strategic problems
- Participate in volunteer and team building experiences
- Exposure to our leadership team through networking sessions and speaker series
- Begin to build relationships with clients to understand their business needs, seek strategic solutions and guide impactful decisions
- Grow by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced management team.
- Have an opportunity for meaningful contributions
- Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for helping our clients with their most urgent business need. We are recruiting for 3 career tracks that make up our team:
1. Business Experimentation:
BE combines key elements of the other tracks, using advanced analytical techniques to inform executive-level strategic decisions with Fortune 1000 clients. Consultants work directly with senior-level client partners to advise on business decisions by measuring in-market experiments using an industry-leading data science SaaS platform, Test & Learn®. Consultants work with clients across a range of industries to identify their key priorities, then design and run business experiments to establish which ideas work, where, when, and how to deploy them. This analytical partnership leads to a strong understanding of the full range of business challenges, from new product launches, marketing, loyalty, and pricing, to operations and strategy.
Sampling of questions we help our clients answer:
- Where should a retailer open new stores to maximize profitability and minimize the cannibalization of nearby omnichannel sales?
- What bonus should be provided to someone opening a credit card account to entice them to use the card regularly?
2. Strategy & Transformation:
Lead clients through sound decision making as they tackle strategic, tactical, operational, and transformational challenges, spanning across diverse topics including product, marketing, loyalty, innovation, and more. Apply a broad set of problem-solving techniques to improve overall performance and operations.
Sampling of questions we help our clients answer:
- How can a global financial services institution be successful at entering a hyper competitive new market?
- How can a client improve its operating model to better achieve operational, financial and strategic goals?
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
- Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
- Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills
- Business Interest: Clear interest in the world of business, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions
- Rapid Growth: Eagerness to learn quickly, both through Mastercard's structured training curriculum and organic development opportunities
- Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude
- Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
- Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated leadership abilities
- Undergraduate with a target graduation date between Dec 2024 - August 2025
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Experience using data analysis or querying tools (e.g., SQL, SAS, Excel or Tableau) is an asset (particularly for Performance Analytics or Business Experimentation tracks).
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
In your cover letter, please indicate your 1st and 2nd track preference. This information will be used to best match applicants with their desired tracks.
Track placement will indicate the types of projects where you will spend the majority of your time, however, we encourage and enable working across tracks to allow team members to acquire a diverse set of skills and experiences. Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Sept. 15, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!