Boys School Intermediate Phase Teacher
Posted on Sept. 22, 2023 by InternPlug
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
St Peter’s Boys Prep is an independent, Anglican, Diocesan school. We are known for our innovative approach to education and the warmth of our community. The school seeks educators who are committed to the profession and best practice, who embrace a culture of continual growth and learning and have a deep empathy for children and a passion for teaching and learning.
An opportunity exists for an Intermediate Phase Teacher to join the Boys Prep School from January 2024.
Duties (not an exhaustive list):
- Teaching from grade 4 to 7 (dependent on experience)
- Mentor, support and develop intern teachers
- Participate in extracurricular activities as required
- Promotion of the St Peter's Prep Schools attributes and values
- Teach according to the St Peter's Prep Schools Best Practice pedagog
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Qualification
- At least 3 years full-time experience teaching
- SACE Registration
- The ability to teach Boys' sports would be an advantage
Candidates should have the following attributes:
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A willingness to work as part of a team and team teach if required
- An energetic and inspirational approach to boys’ learning and motivation
- A progressive understanding of current educational trends
- The capacity to develop and sustain new teaching methodologies and practices
- A values-based approach to teaching
- The intention to work according to the school’s ethos, specifications, and policies
- A willingness to support and mentor, and to be mentored
- The flexibility, ability, and willingness to work outside school hours, when necessary
- A commitment to ongoing personal development and a future-orientated approach
St Peter's Prep Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to complete a full criminal check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment.
The appointment of candidates is at St Peter’s Prep Schools sole discretion, taking into account factors such as St Peter’s Prep Schools Employment Equity Policy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. St Peter’s Prep Schools, in line with POPIA (the Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
Oct. 22, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!