Campus Graduate – 2024 Finance Summer Internship
Posted on Sept. 6, 2023 by InternPlug
- West New York, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong. Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need courageous, quick thinkers who can shape the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it’s negotiating with some of our largest global partners or creating next year’s financial plan, you can influence both our day-to-day P&L and the future direction of the company. As part of the team, you can have the opportunity to learn and use the latest data tools and technologies and explore a range of roles to grow your career.
How will you make an impact in this role?
The internship will be a general Finance internship that will provide opportunities to intern in one of the following functional areas of Finance: Corporate Planning & Analysis, Global Commercial Services Finance, Global Consumer Services Group Finance, Global Merchant and Network Finance, Controllership, Global Treasury, and Investor Relations.
All interns receive a project solving a real business challenge for the organization. Examples of past projects include:
- Enhancing big data and SQL to understand American Express Card Member spending behavior in certain industries, across different markets and among certain merchants to ascertain growth opportunities
- Business-to-Business (B2B) Industry Overview and recommendation of potential acquisition targets across markets
- Assessing the efficiency of acquiring US Consumer Card Members through the Direct Mail acquisition channel
- Creation of prototype to enable financial analysis on mobile products
- Analysis of the profitability of our U.S. Small Merchants
- Enhancements to Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR) Stress Testing Analytics as part of annual Federal Reserve Board submission
- Currently enrolled in a full-time MBA degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025
- Analytical Skills – ability to manipulate large amounts of data, spot trends & generate meaningful insights
- Communication Skills – synthesize data into an easy-to-understand story & articulate key messages across multiple audiences
- Agile Approach – positive, can-do attitude, adapt to change, and highly motivated self-starter
- Leadership – act & lead with courage, build relationships, make decisions quickly & influence change
- Programming skills are a plus
Salary Range: $38.45 to $87.00 hourly + sign-on bonus
The above represents the expected hourly pay range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Campus US - Benefits:
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being.
That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules with hybrid and virtual options with Amex Flex
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counselling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
The final application deadline is Thursday November 30th at 11:59PM ET.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws,
American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Oct. 6, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!