Co-Op Or Intern, A&A 2024
Posted on Sept. 28, 2023 by InternPlug
- Kelowna, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Kelowna office is looking for Co-op or Intern Students to join the Assurance & Accounting team in 2024 and own the following responsibilities:
- Efficiently utilize technical knowledge from course to prepare tax returns for a variety of clients
- Contribute to tax compliance projects and other assignments per regulatory standards
- Build positive working relationships with clients and effectively respond to request and suggestions
- Effectively communicate with team members regarding progress updates and issues on an ongoing basis
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspects of your work: Integrity, Respect & Collaboration You understand your client
- 's industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, & are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive & engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning & professional development.
Your experience and education
- You are currently working towards a degree/diploma, focused in accounting
- You have a desire to provide outstanding client service and a commitment to teamwork
- You have proven leadership skill and can take initiative to seek understanding
- You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
Earn your CPA designationAt BDO, we're committed to the success of students pursuing their CPA designation. We provide pre-approved programs across our 100+ offices, mentorship and support, reimbursement of exam fees, enrollment in Canada's leading CFE prep course, and flexible options for study leave in order for you to be successful.
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 . This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us .
Hybrid new normal: As a hybrid workplace, all BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click "Apply now" to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .
Oct. 28, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!