Commercial Internship - Year Long - 2024– Dublin, Ireland
Posted on Sept. 26, 2023 by InternPlug
- Dublin, Ireland
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Based: Styne House, Dublin
Duration: 1 Year
Start Dates: Monday 1st July 2024
Application Deadlines: 27th October 2023 however it is on rolling recruitment so may close earlier
Annual Salary: 23,500 EUROS per annum
If you’re a results-driven worker with a strong eye for business, then there’s no better experience than an industrial placement with the Commercial team at L'Oréal. We give you the responsibility you need to thrive and make a real difference during your time here.
We have multiple Commercial Industrial Placement roles which sit across lots of our brands/teams. Once you have been recruited, we use the feedback from your Assessment Centre to match you up to a role where you will thrive the most!
Working in one of our National Accounts Teams, you’ll be given the responsibility to liaise with major clients such as Peter Mark, McCabes, McCauleys, Tesco, Supervalue to name a few, and help strike successful commercial deals to provide mutually beneficial business solutions. You’ll be communicating with external companies and making smart business decisions, while using your analytical skills to make perceptive judgements.
As the face of L’Oréal to our retailers, good communication is key! You will also use this skill to work closely with numerous other teams within L’Oréal such as Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance, further broadening your experience with us.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Tracking and analysing sales figures, promotions and new product launches
- Supporting your team/account in tailoring new launches and maximising their success
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Accurately forecasting promotions and launch quantities
- Taking on and managing your own projects, long and short term with the potential to present your findings to senior management
- Attending product launch events in collaboration with our retailers as the face of L’Oreal
- Assisting our retailers on their social media platforms, working with the marketing teams to propose plans and implement them
- Regular in-store visits to track your brands, competitor activity and launches across all retailer
- Working with retailers on collaborative ideas to support growth in the account/brand.
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- A results driven mentality with an ability to achieve set objectives
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- A strong analytic background and the ability to study and interpret complex information to drive business decisions and highlight opportunities for growth
- Confident in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively
- Confident in presenting
- Actively seek innovative business solutions and suggest new ideas
- Proactive individual, able to self-manage projects, adjust priorities and work under pressure.
- Showcase a high level of autonomy to support your customers.
- Promote a customer-centric attitude and ensure that you can balance and compliment the needs of the business with that of your accounts.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and disabled candidates as they are currently under-represented in our organisation. We are signatories of the Race at Work Charter led by Business in the Community and are committed to improving employment opportunities for people of colour across the UK. We also welcome applications from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates.
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will be questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply, you will then be sent a link via email to ‘Step 2’ of the application process; the online assessments. Keep an eye out for this (it might even land in your spam folder!). Although there is no deadline for completion, the quicker you submit your answers the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
Once we have your results, our recruiters will conduct a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us as we receive a high volume of applications and want to spend time going through each of them.
Our Assessment Centres this year will mostly be in person, they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.
- You can apply to up to three jobs within a rolling 30-day window.
- You cannot withdraw your application once you applied, so please make sure to choose a job that matches your dreams.
- Please visit "Your Application Space" to see the jobs you have already applied to.
- Please don’t create another account with a different email. If you do so, your account might be merged and your application record will be deleted.
Oct. 26, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!