Coop Winter 2024 - Quality Engineering
Posted on Aug. 31, 2023 by InternPlug
- Mississauga, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Location:LOC13055 1801Courtney Park Drive,Mississauga,Ontario,L5T 1J3,Canada
Position Role Type:Unspecified
Who we are:
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe that powered flight has transformed and will continue to transform the world. That's why we work with an explorer's heart and a perfectionist’s grit to design, build, and service world's most advanced aircraft engines. We do this across a diverse portfolio including Commercial Engines, Military Engines, Business Aviation, General Aviation, Regional Aviation, and Helicopter Aviation and as a way of turning possibilities into realities for our customers. This is how we at Pratt & Whitney approach our work, and this is why we are inspired to go beyond.
Whether you are currently pursuing a diploma, a bachelor’s or master's degree, we can help you harness your potential, advance your skills and make the impossible a reality. If you are currently enrolled in a Canadian university, now is the moment to start a career path that can drive impact and innovation for generations to come.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Internship dates: January 8th to April 26th
Check out our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@PrattWhitneyCa
Our website: https://www.pwc.ca/en
We are looking for a dynamic, curious, and passionate person focused on results, teamwork, and continuous improvement to complement our Quality team. If you can work independently and are eager to learn and contribute, we invite you to apply.
What your day to day will look like:
Support PWC Engine Centre Quality Team at Plant 22 Mississauga:
- Assist in Quality governance and project activities in the office and shop floor
- Maintain and organize Quality documentation (digital and paper)
- Automate processes using Excel Macros/Visual Basic
- Analyze and implement process improvements
- Use in-house database to process tool inspections
- Control and ordering of various chemicals
- Root Cause Corrective Actions Investigations
- Participate in various on-site transformation projects and initiatives
- Other tasks as required
Learning opportunities within department:
- Engine and parts inspection process
- Engine release to customers process
- CMM (coordinate measuring machine)
- NDT (non-destructive testing)
- Auditing and developing enhanced skills in problem solving
- Project management (PMP)
- Support towards Professional Engineering designation (P.Eng)
What you need to be successful:
- Be eligible to work in Canada
- Be enrolled in a Canadian university throughout your internship
- Be able to work on-site in the province where you are hired
- Pursuing a degree in engineering or technology
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word
- Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent communications skills in English
- Familiar with SAP, Power BI, and Macro in Excel
- Project management skills
What my role type is:
Onsite only- Monday to Friday 7am to 3pm
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The masculine pronoun is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of making the text easier to read. P&WC is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to promote diversity and inclusion. We will consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Please note that licenses, permits, certifications or other types or authorizations could be required if the position requires access to controlled data or data subject to any applicable rule or regulation.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Sept. 30, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!