Cyber Security Trainee
Posted on Sept. 28, 2023 by InternPlug
- Toronto, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionJob ID: 41332
Job Category: Education & Training
Division & Section: Office of the CISO, Cyber Operations
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John St, Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary (4 month Co-Op, Starting in January 2024)
Salary: $1,565.90-$1,714.30, TX5300 and Wage Grade EC0B
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Number of Positions Open: 3
Posting Period: 28-Sept-2023 to 12-Oct-2023
The City of Toronto is looking for a Cyber Security Trainee to offer operational analysis and assistance in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of cyber security programs and systems, ensuring the protection of the City's digital assets from potential cyber threats. The Cyber Security Trainee is responsible for upholding and adhering to established cyber security standards while also providing technical support.
This Co-op and Internship opportunity will allow you to gain valuable work experience in the Cyber security domain. Working with highly competent and experienced colleagues, you will develop professionally as well as make a positive impact in safeguarding the City's critical infrastructure and promoting a secure digital environment for all stakeholders.
- Assists in the review of operational cyber standards, procedures and processes.
- Uses cyber security tools to assist in monitoring environments to detect, prevent, investigate, analyze and initiate response to cyber security events/threats of a confidential nature.
- Participates in reviewing cyber security policies and standards for alignment with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) framework and other cyber security related frameworks.
- Exercises caution and discretion with labour relations, human resources and other confidential information
- Assists in monitoring for patch/security compliance and report based on compliance.
- Collects cyber related data for others to analyze.
- Assists with organizing and presenting data collected.
- Assists others with drafting documents.
- Assists in the creation and documentation of process flows.
- Gathers research regarding recent trends, advancements, and impact on cyber security.
- Documents/maintains/inputs/updates data to be used for monitoring and reporting.
- Assist in the creation and documentation of cyber tickets.
- Assists in the coordination and execution of team projects to enhance cyber security support.
- Participates in delivering cyber security initiatives geared to improve operational efficiency, with the guidance and direction of the Manager.
- Enrolled in the 2nd or 3rd year of a Post-Secondary program in a discipline pertinent to the job function: Cyber Security; Computer Science; Computer Security, Information Security.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point); working knowledge of program/project management software.
- Knowledge of Data visualization tools to prepare flow charts, models, and other documentation used in leadership decision-making (e.g.Visio).
- Broad-based understanding of IT.
- Strong communication skills to interact with all project stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities with proven time management skills.
Note To Current City of Toronto Employees City of Toronto employees are eligible to apply for the posted job opportunity, but cannot hold two different jobs. To be considered for this job posting, you must indicate that you are a "Current City of Toronto employee" on the on-line application form, and provide your "Employee Number".
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
Accommodation The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
Oct. 28, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!