Cybersecurity Intern (Summer 2024 Internship Program)
Posted on Sept. 10, 2023 by InternPlug
- Upper Arlington, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionOverview: Why GM Financial? GM Financial is the wholly owned captive finance subsidiary of General Motors and is headquartered in Fort Worth, TX. We are a global provider of auto finance solutions, with operations in North America, South America and the Asia Pacific region. Through our long-standing relationships with auto dealers, we offer attractive retail financing and lease programs to meet the needs of each customer. We also offer commercial lending products to dealers to help them finance and grow their businesses.
At GM Financial, our team members define and shape our culture — an environment that welcomes new ideas, fosters integrity and creates a sense of community and belonging. Here we do more than work — we thrive.
Our Purpose: We pioneer the innovations that move and connect people to what matters.
Why GMF Cybersecurity?
GMF is comprised of over 10,000 team members globally and our Cybersecurity team has over 80 specialist who focus on protecting, innovating, and building to allow us to deliver the highest level of service internally and externally. Our Cybersecurity team consists of architecture, engineering, operations, governance, and risk functions under the Chief Information Security Officer, with unprecedented supported by the CEO. If that sounds exciting and you are not satisfied with status quo and are looking to create and innovate, you have come to the right organization. We are looking for trailblazers wanting to fulfill a security role beyond just compliance.
Join our startup, fintech culture within a Blue-Chip company where we automate away the Monday tasks and have an environment where nothing is impossible. Responsibilities: Start your career journey with GM Financial! GM Financial is hiring cybersecurity interns for our summer 2024 internship program. Throughout the twelve week summer program, interns will gain hands-on work experience in addition to opportunities for personal and professional development. The summer 2024 internship program will take place from May 20-August 9, 2024. This is a 40 hours per week position based in Arlington, TX. Remote interns will not be considered.
Application review for the summer 2024 internship program will begin September 25, 2023. Qualifications: Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. This incumbent will be required to give presentations and communicate with business leaders.
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team setting.
- Previous internships considered a plus.
- Must be a current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related areas with at least one semester remaining upon start of the internship
- Must possess a minimum of a 3.0 (out of a 4 point scale) overall GPA required
- Junior or senior classification preferred
GM Financial does not provide sponsorship for a work visa status for this position.
Oct. 10, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!