Cybersecurity Policy & Strategy Intern
Posted on Sept. 24, 2023 by InternPlug
- West New York, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: Cybersecurity Policy & Strategy Intern The world’s leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate, and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Like every other tech and fintech firm, PayPal is a target for malicious cyber actors seeking to exploit our customers, employees, and systems. PayPal’s Enterprise Cyber Security organization, which is dedicated to protecting our ecosystem from cyber threats, is looking for a creative, strategically minded, and detail-oriented intern to support the continued development and communication of PayPal’s cybersecurity policy and strategy positions. This internship position within PayPal’s Office of the Chief Information Security Officer is a perfect fit for those looking to develop their understanding of how strategy and policy can be used to respond to the cybersecurity challenges faced by tech and fintech firms, as well as the key role of communications and planning in executing such responses effectively. At PayPal. you will also be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion, and wellness. We are looking for candidates with the potential to have an immediate and lasting impact. Individuals who are a great fit for this role will have a balance of technical knowledge, well-honed writing abilities, and big-picture thinking skills.
- Conduct research and analysis on emerging cybersecurity issues that may impact PayPal’s strategy and policy, and present key findings and recommendations
- Participate in the development and execution of cybersecurity policy and strategy guidance, communications, and engagements
- Develop and support the dissemination of cybersecurity strategic messaging to external audiences
- Participate in the development of cybersecurity awareness events and campaigns
- Passion for and demonstrated success understanding and fulfilling internal or external customer needs; problem-solver mindset
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see "big picture" and to prioritize
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive – must thrive in a dynamic environment
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and potential for exploitation
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk)
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and IT management
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities
Internship Program Information and Requirements:
- This is a Summer 2024 Internship program. Spring and Fall 2024 internships are not available.
- Must currently be pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or public policy, or related field, from an accredited college or university.
- Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2024.
- Must reside in the U.S. during the Summer internship program.
- Must be able to obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for the summer.
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this position may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national hourly pay range for this role is $21 to $55.
globaluniversityinterninformationsecurityPayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national hourly pay range for this role is $16 to $55
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Notice to Applicants and Employees who reside within New York city. Click https://careers.pypl.com/Contact-Us/default.aspx
to view the notice.
Oct. 24, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!