Data Analytics Intern - Vit Vellore 2023
Posted on Sept. 9, 2023 by InternPlug
- Hyderabad, India
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAbout Uber
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the team:
At Uber, providing amazing customer support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in this mission and believe in providing the highest quality service implemented in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we’re looking for a Analytics & Reporting Supervisor, (you!), to develop various support efforts within our Hyderabad Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing premier customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community’s toughest issues types, and provides an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
As an Intern You will help support strategic decision making processes through your analytics, heavy data driven approach and operational mindset. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time- management, priority setting and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What you’ll need:
- Passionate about making magic for our communities and have an enthusiastic attitude.
- You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
- You will be a powerful advocate for Uber’s customer excellence values and are obsessed
- An ace problem solver. Express creative problem solving skills, structured thinking & be
- You embrace challenges, and would stop at nothing to improve processes effectiveness whether they are short-term workarounds, or more long-term process improvements.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a compelling way.
- Get stuff done. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build, maintain, and continue to optimize weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting of
- Continually improve and automate our methods for gathering data and incorporating it into real-time models, analysis, and actions. Automate various business processes to improve efficiency at work.
- Review data models and queries while performing weekly and ad hoc data analysis to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed.
- Effectively communicate insights from and be able to tell a story around data, using various visualization tools available
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Actively pursuing a B.Tech or Integrated Dual Degree (anticipated graduation in 2024) in Computer Science, Electronics Eng, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or Mathematical Sciences or related fields.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- SQL Proficiency required, Python/R Preferred.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Oct. 9, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!