Data Science Health Intern
Posted on July 2, 2023 by InternPlug
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAre you a passionate technologist looking to use advanced technology to save lives? And are you eager to work on quality of data sources serving our end user products? About our Team Elsevier Health is a division of Elsevier that is committed to supporting clinicians, health leaders, educators and students to overcome the challenges they face every day. We support healthcare professionals throughout their career journey from education through to clinical practice. We believe that by providing, evidence–based information, we can help empower clinicians to provide the best healthcare possible. About the Role As an Intern in Data Science your activities will span the full project cycle include researching state-of-the-art methods. Designing, writing code and running experiments to test hypotheses, and perform validation of the system. Responsibilities
- Working side by side with full time employees to learn how we identify market signals, analyze large datasets, build and test models.
- Researching state-of-the-art methods, designing, writing code and running experiments to test hypotheses, and perform validation of the system.
- Considering big-picture questions that we’re still trying to figure out, while others involve building new tools or systems.
- Understanding the diverse array of research challenges considered every day.
- Reasoning about how best to analyze very noisy datasets to building practical models that allow us to better identify market signals.
- Creating new strategies and writing code to implement them.
- Experience in some relevant implementation platforms for ML/NLP tasks – proficiency in Python, SQL, and R.
- Experience or interest in working with “big data” and applying advanced algorithms specifically in the Health Sciences domains.
- Experience using *nix systems, open-source software, jupyter notebook hubs, libraries and cloud computing.
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised learning. Model building, validation, and testing using state of art ML algorithms such as random forest, SVM, Logistic Regression, Bayesian modeling.
- Experience with building and deploying deep learning models, neural networks, and state-of-the-art transformer language models.
- Have pragmatic approach when choosing and implementing the right technologies to solve a problem and develops with success metrics.
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive.
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy.
When you work with us, your work matters. You are part of an organization that nurtures your curiosity to stimulate innovation for the communities that we serve.
Growing Every Day
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development.
Colleagues Who Care
You will be part of the Elsevier family. We will support your well-being and provide the flexibility you need to thrive at work and home.
Together, we create possibilities.
Aug. 1, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!