Digital Designer Intern
Posted on Sept. 14, 2023 by InternPlug
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionDentsu Creative is seeking to appoint a Digital Design Intern. The position is based in Cape Town and will report directly to the Digital Art director. The Ideal candidate has a passion for graphic design and a big appetite to learn and grow within the field. Has a strong eye and attention to detail, enjoys visual problem solving, refining and creating digital design products. Job Title: Digital Designer Intern Job Description: Digital Designer Intern Learning areas:
- Willingness to learn and immerse themselves in the design process and be a team player
- Develop designs for multi-platform digital projects under the guidance of the Senior Designers,
- Art Directors, Digital Creative Director and key Digital Editors.
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually keeping on brief and aligning with the
- ideation, brand style and or Art Direction
- Produce draft design ideas, according to technical specifications, Art Direction and present them
- Create, digital banners, newsletters, social media assets and posts, Website assets and UI
- Understand the studio production processes and align with chase and Asana project
- management and time tracking tools
- Research and prepare material in support of new design concepts and create working
- wireframes, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas.
- Repurpose existing elements and templates as required.
- Keep abreast of industry design developments, trends and technology and interpret how these
- would impact projects from a user perspective.
- Contribute towards brainstorm sessions, design and campaign ideas with team members and
- divisional design teams.
- University-level education in graphic design or equivalent diploma
- A good understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & Indesign skills.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe After effects and Video editing best practices
- Understanding of UI & UX best practices and programmes such as Figma or Adobe XD
- Good time management and a talent for design problem solving
- University or College Portfolio of work to review in either PDF format or Behance online link (advantageous)
- Matric Certificate
- South African ID
- Computer skills
NOTE: If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Dentsu Creative South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position. Working with us
Joining Dentsu Creative, you will be part of a creative network, delivering ideas that are brought alive in new ways. Along the way, you will team up with inspiring people across the world and become part of a truly inclusive culture where everyone is given the opportunity to thrive and create the best work of their careers; always learning and always listening to shape ideas, create culture and change behavior. By bringing together the capabilities, experience and relationships of our collective experts, the opportunities for personal growth and development are endless. We are united by four signature strengths:
Boundless Creativity – Kitsune Fox: In Japanese culture – the Kitsune Fox sees the future. We run towards the future, forever asking: what’s next? Our imagination has no limit. Our clients seek us out because we believe there is no problem we cannot solve with the power of modern creativity. Intelligent Scale - Ryujin Dragon: The Ryujin Dragon controls the ocean and the tides. We flow the right talent around the right brief in the right moment, wherever it sits in the world. We scale our unique ideas with precision, using intelligent technology to make personal connections with millions around the world. Obsessive Craft - Orizuru Crane: The Orizuru Crane carries the soul up to paradise. It inspires the most classic and iconic Japanese origami. We elevate the soul of our work with an obsessive focus on craft, nurturing the next-gen craft skills needed to soar in a modern world. Radical Collaboration - Kohaku Koi: The Koi swim upstream against the tide, united as one. We chart new territory through the power of radical collaboration. We seamlessly connect Creativity, Media and CXM to imagine new solutions at the intersection of craft, data, culture, and innovation. Our Values:
We believe our work can only resonate in the modern world if the people behind it reflect the modern work. We can only be truly relevant when we create a truly inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. That means – we are tough on the work but gentle with each other. We lead with empathy and are always listening and always learning. We support each other, we cheer for each other, we win together. We celebrate difference as the only way to make the work that makes a difference. Location: Cape Town Contract Type: Internship Fixed Term Contract Closing date: 20 September 2023 Location: Cape Town Brand: Dentsu Creative Time Type: Full time Contract Type: Student/Intern (Fixed Term) (Fixed Term)
Oct. 14, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!