Electronic Engineering Intern
Posted on Aug. 28, 2023 by InternPlug
- Cork, Ireland
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Electronic Engineering Intern for a 6 month college placement in line with placement timeframes
Logitech is the Sweet Spot for people who want their actions to have a positive global impact while having the flexibility to do it in their own way.
The Team and Role:
Join us for an exciting opportunity involving the rapid development & realisation of new product concepts for Gaming and the Personal Workspace. You will be working in a fast paced, creative environment, with a strong focus on learning from rapid, iterative prototypes. You will aid the evaluation of User Experiences & Interactions within different user environments. You will help drive and influence the product design direction and specification.
You will join a dynamic team of Industrial Designers, Materials specialists, UX researchers, Mechanical Engineers and Electronic Engineers who are looking for an Electronic Developer with a creative flare, the drive to deliver and who shares their passion for technology and design, to join their team in the Logitech Cork Design Centre.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. Share our passion for Equality and the Environment. These are the behaviors and values you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Contribute to the development of new products and technologies
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to understand user experiences
- Rapidly realise product concepts & develop functional prototypes
- Develop & Assemble disposal firmware & hardware
- Evaluate new & emerging products & technologies
- Develop internal capabilities, skills and tools to keep the team at the forefront of the existing and emerging spaces
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and experiences to our team:
- Experience on rapid prototyping platforms
- Proficient with embedded systems interfaces
- Knowledge + understanding of sensors + actuators
- C/C++ embedded programming experience
- Familiar with scripting languages such as python
- Schematic + PCB layout knowledge
- Hardware + Firmware debugging skills
- Soldering and wiring abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team working capabilities
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Keen interest in latest tech and computing trends
In addition, preferable skills and behaviours include...
- Experience on Arduino, mBed or Raspberry PI platforms
- Working knowledge of Analog, I2C, SPI, USB + PWM interfaces
- BLE, Touch, IMU and HID knowledge
- Schematic + Layout experience (OrCAD, KiCad, Eagle, …)
Across Logitech we empower collaboration and foster play. We help teams collaborate/learn from anywhere, without compromising on productivity or continuity so it should be no surprise that most of our jobs are open to work from home from most locations. Our hybrid work model allows some employees to work remotely while others work on-premises. Within this structure, you may have teams or departments split between working remotely and working in-house.
Logitech is an amazing place to work because it is full of authentic people who are inclusive by nature as well as by design. Being a global company, we value our diversity and celebrate all our differences. Don’t meet every single requirement? Not a problem. If you feel you are the right candidate for the opportunity, we strongly recommend that you apply. We want to meet you!
We offer comprehensive and competitive benefits packages and working environments that are designed to be flexible and help you to care for yourself and your loved ones, now and in the future. We believe that good health means more than getting medical care when you need it. Logitech supports a culture that encourages individuals to achieve good physical, financial, emotional, intellectual and social wellbeing so we all can create, achieve and enjoy more and support our families. We can’t wait to tell you more about them being that there are too many to list here and they vary based on location.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in the ability, are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us toll free at +1-510-713-4866 for assistance and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Sept. 27, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!