Enterprise Protective Services Internship Program - 2024
Posted on Sept. 19, 2023 by InternPlug
- Charlottetown, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionMore than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives. Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits. Be a part of something powerful. If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, it’s Duke Energy. Be a part of a team dedicated to innovation and service. A company with a strategic long-term plan for growth. Help us build a smarter energy future! Duke Energy is one of America’s largest utilities, serving more than 9 million customers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Duke Energy is executing an aggressive clean energy transition to achieve our goal of net-zero methane emissions from our natural gas business by 2030 and net-zero carbon emissions from electricity generation by 2050. Click here to learn more.
- Forbes names Duke Energy as a World’s Best Employer
- Duke Energy donates over $70 million to communities in need
- Click here for Duke Energy’s Social Media
- On-the-job experience: Working independently as well as part of a high-performing team while having an end-to-end ownership of a distinct deliverable that has a direct impact on the business. You will begin to build a robust set of career-impacting interpersonal communication skills by actively participating in your team's day-to-day activities.
- A speaker series (virtual and/or in-person): Duke Energy’s top leaders share their career paths, tips and advice, while also sharing insights on the business organizations they serve.
- Engagement and social activities with other interns
- Organization networking activities: We promote community involvement and networking with other summer interns and full-time employees. You will have the opportunity to create lasting professional relationships, build your network, and take advantage of a diverse and rapidly growing workforce.
- Competitive Hourly Pay & 401K contributions
- Meaningful work assignments that impact sustainability within the energy industry
- Mentorships and networking opportunities with Duke Energy Leaders
- Opportunity for full-time employment upon graduation
- Opportunity to present to leadership and your peers your impactful contribution towards our path to net zero
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Cybersecurity Data Protection Analyst
- Digital Forensics Investigator
- Emergency Management and Business Continuity
- Intelligence Analysis
- Security Risk & Compliance
- Using technology to advance physical security protections
- Data aggregation and analytics
- Understanding and implementing methods to protect data within the network
- Using Digital Forensics to provide active intelligence
- Understanding and building emergency response plans and business continuity plans
- Assist with the development and execution of various exercises designed to review various emergency response and business continuity plans
- Creating intelligence products that are requirements driven to protect the Critical Infrastructure
- Understanding regulatory compliance to protect critical infrastructure
- Participate on a RED Team to challenge physical security designs and table-top exercises to simulate attacks against critical infrastructure
- Interact with users and stakeholders to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications, in alignment with data protection standard and policies.
- Functional testing of Data Protection systems.
- Construct and test Data Loss Prevention policy functionality by triggering events.
- Assist with deployment of Data Protection systems configurations and processes.
- Currently enrolled in and pursuing the following degree programs: Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science or Cybersecurity, Statistics, Criminal Justice, Digital Forensics, Emergency Management, or Engineering
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.75
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Exposure to or familiarity with computer networking and telecommunications, application design and development, information security (e.g., applications, intrusion detection, firewalls, etc.), operating systems, database administration
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Exposure to or familiarity with Emergency Management and Business Continuity principles
- Exposure to or familiarity with data analytics
- Exposure to or familiarity with PowerBi
- Leadership potential or skills displayed through extracurricular activities
- Ability to excel in a variety of roles
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Community service, volunteer experience
- Self-driven, motivated, and proactive
- Attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of or had taken courses in Cybersecurity with interests in data security.
- Hybrid – Work will be performed from both remote and onsite locations after the onboarding period. However, hybrid employees should live within a reasonable commute to Charlotte, NC, University Area.
- Minimal to no travel
Oct. 19, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!