Essencemediacom | Senior Media Planner - Digital
Posted on June 26, 2023 by InternPlug
- Karachi, Pakistan
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
EssenceMediacom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Senior Media Planner to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for to maintain relationships with the brand teams. You will work closely with the business managers and other executives, acting as media experts on all projects as required.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Business Manager - Digital
3 best things about the job:
- Young and like-minded colleagues working together.
- Work with amazing people from different units like strategic planning, social media and data & analytics to name a few.
- Dare to be different to stand out from the crowd & strive to succeed.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Have an understanding of the agency portfolio of clients
- Provide assistance in the evaluation of media opportunities
- Be the person whom the client goes to for day-to-day activities. Able to propose ideas and activities to answer identified challenges
In six months:
- Assist line Manager in annual review/planning proposal for the client.
- Start to build a relationship with specialists from client side
In 12 months:
- Mentor new Planners/Interns and assist in leading a small scale project (identify need, formulate idea into plan, set the scope and present to the Manager).
What your day job looks like at EssenceMediacom:
- Develop strategy for brands including annual phasing and budgeting to achieve brand KPI's.
- Assist CH/BM to maintain responsive working relationships with brand teams to identify potential opportunities.
- Troubleshooting and resolving any issues with media/account teams and media vendors.
- Assist CH/BM in developing brand KPI's.
- Analyze data to provide client with recommendations for optimizations.
- Maintain relationships with media suppliers, internal teams and brand teams.
- Prepare Quarterly/Semi Annual & Annual media reviews and way forward.
- Responsible for timely deliverables of the deadlines for e.g. Annual Media Strategy Presentations, monthly post buys & any other requirement from client on ad hoc basis.
- Resolve billing related issues.
- Work cross-functionally with Client management team and Account Directors as needed.
- Work with cross function departments/teams as part of the media management process.
- Showcasing of launches & presentations to the brand team after launch.
- Assisting CH/BM in participating in regional award is mandatory with at least once in a quarter.
- Train Assistant Planner/Media Planner on media basics.
What you’ll bring:
- Must have strong organizational and numeracy skills
- Flexibility and able to work under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Excellent personal/organizational management.
- Able to set and meet multiple demands within challenging deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally, formally & informally.
- Must be a MBA from a reputable university of equivalent.
- Must have an experience of at least 4-5 years in media/digital planning and buying.
More about EssenceMediacom
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100. The agency retained the WARC Media 100 title in 2019, also winning Agency of the Year (MediaCom Israel) and Campaign of the Year (Gillette – I Don’t Roll on Shabbos, MediaCom Connections Israel).
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
GroupM Pakistan is the leading global media investment management operation in Pakistan. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies i.e m/SIX, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Xaxis and Mindshare. We see major growth coming on Digital Platforms where we have seen Internet Penetration growing to 87 million Broad Band users + 85 million 3G/4G subscribers.
Social media platforms have also grown substantially in Pakistan where FB stands at 34 million subscribers & Tik Tok has replaced Instagram to become 2nd most penetrated social platform with 22 million subscribers in Pakistan. While the digitization of the market is happening at a faster pace it has also given a lot of new opportunities in various areas & specializations like Ecommerce, Digital Content, Video Planning solutions, Technology and Data & Analytics in Pakistan. As such, GroupM Pakistan is in a very strategic position to develop and grow our talents.
July 26, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!