Field Data Capture Student
Posted on Aug. 17, 2023 by InternPlug
- Calgary, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Field Data Capture Student- (2311592)
Are you a student looking for an exciting opportunity that is full of meaningful, diverse, and ambitious assignments working alongside industry leading professionals? Join Canadian Natural, where we strive to provide opportunities based on your abilities, helping you to contribute in a meaningful way and apply your academic experience to challenging and rewarding projects!
The Field Data Capture (FDC) Student position will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside experienced and talented professionals and take part in interesting and challenging work assignments. Our company culture fosters a fun working environment, development of meaningful relationships and continuous learning. Building on classroom studies, you will develop and enhance your skills while working with mentors to kick-start a successful career.
The Enterprise Applications used by FDC at Canadian Natural include PM Suite (CGI), EC (Quorum), ProTrend (Critical Control), and several other applications. The Field Data Capture team consists of individuals with various oil and gas backgrounds which provide Engineering, Field Operations, Accounting and Information Systems (IS) skill sets to solve business issues relating to the FDC applications, as well as develop and maintain integrations from upstream and downstream applications.
- Term length: 8 & 12 months
- Term start: January & September 2024
- Job location: Calgary, AB – Head Office
- Shift schedule: 5 x 2 / 8 HRS Mon – Fri
- Learn key applications and become familiar with relevant business processes
- Learn data mining, querying and analytical tools to analyze data
- Assist with testing and verification of application upgrades
- Assist with developing exception reporting to aid field staff in validating volumetric data
- Create and maintain process documentation for key processes and application administration tasks
- Receive, troubleshoot and resolve support issues for select properties
- Ad hoc projects as required
What You Bring to The Role:
- Currently enrolled in your 2nd, 3rd, 4th year of an undergraduate degree program in Operations Management (BComm) or Computer Science
- Strong team player with the ability to work effectively and build strong working relationships across disciplines, departments and other teams
- Familiarity and understanding of:
- Research strategies and analytical thinking
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Oracle SQL and Oracle PL/SQL, SSRS, PowerBI would be an asset
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas terminology and concepts would be an asset
Check out our Compensation & Benefits overview to see what we have to offer!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off during Christmas week and summer Fridays in July and August
- Multiple volunteer opportunities within the community
- Students may be eligible for relocation assistance pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Student Relocation Policy. Students will be responsible for finding their own accommodations during the work term.
- Opportunities to partake in initiatives such as the Intern Social Committee
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
If you are interested in this exciting student work term opportunity, please include your resume, cover letter (optional) and unofficial transcripts as part of your online application.
Why Canadian Natural?
Canadian Natural operates one of the largest Campus Recruitment programs in the country hiring just over 400 students every year. Students hired on with us are made to feel a part of the team, gaining high level experience, knowledge, and training that introduce and prepare you for full-time employment.
Many of our co-op students are successfully hired for permanent positions upon graduation. Our structured new grad developmental programs exemplify our mandate to develop and advance our people. We are proud to share that Canadian Natural has been ranked as a Top Employer for 2023 by Canada's Future Workforce.
- Industry Leader: We commenced business in 1989 with a handful of employees and modest production, but today we employ more than 10,000 people and produce over 1 million BOE/d.
- Culture of Innovation: As a leading investor in R&D, we are in a unique position to find innovative ways to continuously improve our business and enhance environmental practices. This approach is key to ensuring a sustainable future and responsible energy production.
- Community Investment: Social responsibility is a critical element of our commitment to responsible operations and part of our success and pride as a Company. We are committed to investing in the communities where we live and work, creating shared value along the way.
- Compensation and Benefits: We strive to share Company success with all employees through a comprehensive total compensation package.
- Our People, Our Stories: Our stories demonstrate the strong culture that exists at Canadian Natural – one that focuses on developing people, working together and doing it right, with fun and integrity.
Check out some of our Student Testimonials!
All candidates applying to Canadian Natural must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. This posting will close once a successful candidate has been selected.
Primary Location AB-Calgary Job Campus Program & Student Positions
Sept. 16, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!