Posted on June 26, 2023 by InternPlug
- Toronto, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
We have an exciting Internal Auditor student opportunity within our Internal Audit and Risk Management Team. The successful candidate will be identifying, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of processes and controls within Finance, Technology, and various other significant business units.
This position will appeal to an individual seeking a fast-paced, team environment that offers breadth of experience and connections to other parts of the organization.
What you'll do:
- Working with other team members within the Internal Audit and Risk Management function, this position will perform reviews and evaluations of control effectiveness, including:
- Executing on components of the risk-based annual audit plan
- Evaluating processes and controls relevant to financial reporting
- Preparing and documenting audit files
- Working with finance, IT and other business leaders to assess control effectiveness and to identify process efficiencies and improvements
- Identifying control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement, and developing and communicating pragmatic recommendations
- Other ad hoc projects and analysis, as required
Education and Credentials:
- Post Secondary education
- Working towards or completed a Professional Accounting, Auditing or other relevant designation
Professional Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Strong knowledge of business process documentation and analysis
- Excellent analytical skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with excellent organizational skills
- Experience conducting audit, risk and control assessments
- Experience performing technology, financial, and/or operational audits
- Proven capability to manage to deadlines within budget to deliver quality results
- Strong interpersonal skills, including interviewing and building strong relationships
- A proven team player & ability to interact and work with people with a variety of backgrounds and at different levels within the organization
- Experience using data analytics to assist with the delivery of assessments is desirable
- Knowledge of CobiT, ITIL, IFRS and COSO considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and written communications
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Effective negotiating, influencing and mediating skills
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 6 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Audit / Compliance
Requisition ID: 291200
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Student and New Grad
July 26, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
Finance Intern (NYSC)
About Us: Madison & Park Limited, is a 360-suite marketing agency and also a leading creat…
Finance Intern (Madison & Park)
About Us: Madison & Park Limited, is a 360-suite marketing agency and also a leading creati…
Supply Chain Finance Internship - Summer 2024
This job posting is an “Evergreen Requisition” designed to gather talent for current or future op…