Posted on Aug. 20, 2023 by InternPlug
- Lake Forest, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working®, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
Grainger is recruiting for 2024 Summer Internships in Finance at our Lake Forest location. The Finance Internship Program is a full-time, paid, 10-week program designed to provide college students with practical experience in corporate finance. Internships are the primary feeder into Grainger's Financial Development Program for early-in-career Financial Analysts. Internship positions may include the following areas: Financial Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Audit, Financial Planning and Analysis, Finance Operations and Shared Services.
Grainger's Finance Internship Program is designed to provide college students with opportunities to enhance their technical and transferable skills in corporate finance through business-critical project work. You will be involved in different activities including a comprehensive onboarding program, structured development sessions, Meet and Greets with executive leaders, peer mentorship, fun social events and more. You will report to a Finance/Accounting leader. As a team member you will gain:
- Experience seeing a business-critical project through from start to finish
- Common projects include: improving service to customers, influencing pricing and discount strategy, automating internal processes, or improving cost structure
- Broad exposure to different areas of corporate finance
- Technical skills with visualization tools, such as Tableau or PowerBI, SQL coding, enhancing existing R or Python skillsets, SAP ERP, financial planning software (SAP BPC)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and working towards either: a bachelor's degree or a master's degree in a business or STEM-related discipline
- Analytical skills, including an ability to summarize data into information, reach logical conclusions, evaluate and improve processes
- Knowledge of database structures and ability to create ad-hoc databases for financial modeling
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Expected graduation between December 2024 and June 2025
- Knowledge of Excel formulas
- No visa sponsorships required now or in the future
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Sept. 19, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
Supply Chain Finance Internship - Summer 2024
This job posting is an “Evergreen Requisition” designed to gather talent for current or future op…
2024 Finance Internship
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across …
Prudential: 2024 Corporate, Finance Internship Program (FIP)
Job Classification: Finance & Accounting - Finance & Accounting Prudential: 202 4 …