Posted on Sept. 6, 2023 by InternPlug
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Manage maintenance of petty cash
- Prepare reconciliations of general ledger accounts in preparation of the financial statements
- Assist with the clearing of external audit queries and internal audit queries
- Maintains invoice register
- Reports on stationery register
- Prepares telephone/cell phone recons
- Ensure creditors are paid timeously
- Ensure all payments have supporting documentation
- Loading payments on to banking system
- Liaise with internal and external parties regarding the payments of goods and services
- Ensure electronic filing of payments
- Provide administrative support to the Financial Accountant
Fixed Assets Management
- Ensures that assets are adopted within one week of arrival of supplier
- Ensures that each asset has a unique barcode
- Record all assets of GPF in asset register
- Reconcile fixed assets to the general ledger monthly
- Verify and check all assets on asset register on quarterly basis
- Keep assets register in safe place
- Insure assets on adoption with the GPF service provider
- Ensure legislative compliance with GRAP
Assist in the monitoring of Operational Policies
- Periodically review work performed by admin staff
- Ensure policy adherence
- Demonstrates willingness to align to the GPF Values by
- Working closely with others
- Meeting with divisional heads to prepare for both internal and external audits
- Ability to work closely with others
- Being pro-active in assisting others
- Contribution to business unit meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Mentoring and coaching of interns and peers
Ad hoc duties
- Implement assignments from the CFO, Financial Manager as and when required.
- A minimum of appropriate recognized Diploma in Accounting or Financial Management or related qualification at NQF Level 6
- Ideally: a relevant Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Financial Management or related at NQF 7
- At least 2 to 3 years of work experience as a Financial Officer or related experience in the financial services and/or the public sector.
INHERENT COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge: Governance; Project Management knowledge;
Investment knowledge; National Treasury rules and regulations; Public Finance Management Act; Financial Management; People management; Human Settlement knowledge and prescripts; Investment knowledge; Banking knowledge; Occupational Health and Safety; Information Communication Technology; General Management; Training in SCM Legislation
Skills: Financial Management; Accounting; People Management; Report writing, Leadership; Negotiations; Monitoring and evaluation; Report writing; Auditing; General management; Billing; Research; Communication; Human interaction; Costing and pricing; Scheduling; Stakeholder Relations Management; Board Staff Relations Management; Loan assessment; Labour Relations; Contract Drafting; Contract Management
Attributes: Precise: great attention to detail; Respect of others;
Team approach; Time management; Ambitious; Cautious; Conscientious; Logical; Organized; Sober; Authoritative; Enthusiastic; Self-assured; Creative; Curious; Perfectionist; Amiable; Assertive; Charismatic; Persuasive; Gregarious
Special Instructions to candidates
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants must ensure that their qualifications supporting this application must always be verifiable by the GPF during the recruitment process.
Applications for this position should be accompanied (attach) by:
- a comprehensive CV detailing previous experience
- certified (within 3 months) copies of:
- relevant qualifications,
- for foreign qualifications, please attach SAQA evaluation report
- identification document,
- driver’s licence.
Closing date: 15 September 2023
Oct. 6, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!