Posted on Sept. 28, 2023 by InternPlug
- Burnaby, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
- At heights
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Determine type of glass, frames and material required
- Measure, mark and cut glass
- Position and secure panes in frame
- Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products
- Install door, window and other hardware
- Repair glass doors and other glass structures
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Transport cases of glass
- Estimate costs and materials
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Sealed units
- Curtain wall (stock length material)
- Spandrel panel installations
- Aluminum framing members
- Cutting wheels
- Circular cutters
- Cut glass plate manually (straight cuts)
- Skylights and slope glazed installations
- Curtain walls
- Stained glass installations
- Aluminum storefronts, barrel vaults, solariums, commercial window systems
- Carbide and diamond bits
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- This position is a paid internship that encourages on-the-job training and skill development.
Work site environment
Type of glass/materials
Frame fabrication and installation
Glass cutting equipment and techniques
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Oct. 28, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!