Global Technology Cyber Security 6 Month Industrial Placement 2024 Analyst - Dublin
Posted on Aug. 19, 2023 by InternPlug
- Dublin, Ireland
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Global Technology, Cybersecurity, 6 Month Industrial Placement Analyst
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organisation.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
At Bank of America, we make the necessary investments in our people and technologies to keep our clients’ information secure and maintain their trust, including more than $1B invested in cybersecurity alone. We protect the data of one of the world’s largest financial institutions and its more than 200,000 employees and more than 67 million consumers comprised of every individual, small- and middle-market business, and large corporation we serve, across every product and service we offer in the U.S. and more than 35 countries. To support these critical financial operations that span the globe, the bank’s Global Information Security (GIS) team of ~3,000 experts, located across 16 countries, operates around the clock and around the world to identify, prevent and mitigate information security risks.
Our 6 month Industrial Placement (IP) Analyst programme is designed to offer you a broad and exciting experience of work as a full time Technology Analyst. During your placement, you will have the opportunity to fully integrate into one team, allowing you to contribute straightaway.
Training and Development
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the programme in addition to on-the-job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
As an analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Providing analytical, strategic, and technical skills to design, develop, implement, and use state-of-the-art technology cybersecurity solutions aimed at reducing risk
- Being responsible for delivering innovative capabilities in team environment, as well as leveraging skills, background, and interests for a specific group within Global Information Security
- Responding to, researching, measuring, detecting, and mitigating security attacks that attempt to compromise at the network and application layers
- Working on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Being responsible for global incident management and event management processes
- Supporting to produce metrics to track remediation activities
- Supporting aspects of Information Security including the development of strategy and policy; vulnerability identification and management; monitoring, detecting, and responding to cybersecurity incidents
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between September 2024 and June 2025.
- On track for a minimum 2:1 degree classification (or equivalent)
- Must be available to join the programme from Feb/March 2024 for 6 months
What we are looking for
- Show demonstrable evidence of self-learning outside of studies, and efforts to advance technical skills
- Display clear motivation for exploring a Technology career within financial services, and a specific interest in Information Security
- Demonstrate capacity for innovative thinking and strong problem solving
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a variety of people
- Display evidence of strong teamwork, leadership, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
Our recruitment process
Analyst internship and full-time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once our applications are open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it is best to submit your application early as this will give you the best chance of being considered for the role.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one – and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we are proud to focus on attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients, and communities we serve.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, race, religion, or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, being pregnant or on maternity leave, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, and experience.
What if I need workplace adjustments?
We are committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, need help completing your application or video interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We will get back to you within two business days.
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package
November 5 2023
Sept. 18, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!