Graduate Internship In Data Science
Posted on Aug. 24, 2023 by InternPlug
- Minneapolis, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionCompany Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Program Overview:
The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Graduate Intern Program in Data Science is intended to introduce full-time or part-time graduate students to the broader Federal Reserve System and, more specifically, the use of Data Science in the Banking Supervision function. Being at the forefront of overseeing the nation’s largest and most complex financial institutions is a unique opportunity that requires highly analytical and quantitative individuals.
The Intern Program provides an opportunity to work in an intellectually stimulating and collaborative environment, to engage in meaningful public service, and to interact with senior leaders at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and across the Federal Reserve System. Interns will gain exposure to and experience with the most important quantitative issues and challenges currently facing the regulatory and financial industries. Interns will receive on-the-job mentoring and professional development as they engage in job duties. Program Description:
- Learn to manage, manipulate, interpret, and analyze trends in large sets of data and methodology documents.
- Enhance knowledge in programming and the software development life cycle.
- Handle and summarize large amounts of macroeconomic and banking data.
- Become familiar with different metrics and measures that are used to evaluate the health of the banking system.
- Synthesize information and glean insights related to banking conditions around the country.
- Present technical issues to non-technical audiences and clearly articulate findings in verbal and written form.
- Utilize advanced statistical techniques to analyze conditions in the banking sector, or across various industries or communities.
- Participate in internal networking and mentorship opportunities with quantitative staff and leadership across the Federal Reserve System.
- Currently enrolled and actively pursuing a graduate degree in quantitative-related fields such as (but not limited to) Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, etc.
- Strong academic record in MS or Ph.D. program.
- Knowledge of query languages such as SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with R or Python.
- Code samples will be requested from selected candidates.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Meet Protected Individual requirement.
- Able to work part-time throughout the duration of the 12-week internship program, starting in October 2023 (expected hours per week to be discussed with selected candidates).
- Strong preference will be given to local (Minneapolis/St. Paul and Helena metropolitan areas) candidates; remote work options to be considered on an exception basis.
- Knowledge of R Shiny dashboard building and reporting experience using R Markdown.
- Knowledge of collaborative version control platforms such as GitLab.
- Knowledge of Finance and Banking.
Sept. 23, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!