Grm, Intern Analyst
Posted on Sept. 29, 2023 by InternPlug
- Toronto, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Job TitleGRM, Intern Analyst
What is the opportunity?
Enterprise Model Risk Management is looking for an intern to help out with limited scope validations of pricing and risk models for interest rate derivative products.
What will you do?
- Review model submissions and provide feedbacks to reporting manager
- Help with testing new and existing pricing and risk models, particularly for IBOR reform related projects
- Write limited scope validation reports
What do you need to succeed?
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of interest rate products
- Undergraduate degree or close to graduating in a discipline such as actuarial science, finance, mathematics, computer science, physics, or other quantitative sciences
- Decent knowledge and ability to use Python programming language
- Familiarity with Excel and Word
- Basic knowledge and ability to use C++ programming language
- CFA or FRM designation
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and make a difference
- Opportunities to building close relationships
Please note: This posting is for a 4-months Winter 2024 Student placement with a start date of January 2024, and end date of April 2024. In order to be eligible for this 4-months Student position, you must either:
- Be returning back to school after the work term end-date of April 2024 ; or
- If you are not returning back to school (i.e. are graduating in April 2024), you must require the full 4-months work term as a mandatory component to in order to graduate successfully.
Please ensure that you meet these eligibility requirements before applying - candidates who apply but are found to be ineligible are not able to be considered.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we accept applications on a rolling basis, but please note that the formal application deadline is October 6, 2023. Should you be selected to progress, someone from our team will reach out directly to provide instructions on next steps. Otherwise, feel free to check for progress updates by logging in to your RBC profile. If the status has not changed, it denotes the fact that your application is still under review.
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. The successful candidate for this role will be required to be located within Ontario for the duration of the work term. Details regarding the specific virtual, hybrid, and in-office arrangements for this Integrated Learning/ Co-op position are to be discussed with the Hiring Manager.
Job SummaryParticipates in and supports the operational activities of a business unit. Applies experience and complete working knowledge of the job and policies/practices to perform a combination of routine tasks and varied administrative/operational assignments.
Address:ROYAL BANK PLAZA, 200 BAY ST:TORONTO
Employment Type:Full time
Platform:Group Risk Management
Job Type:Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Oct. 29, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!