Human Resources Internship - Summer 2024
Posted on Sept. 8, 2023 by InternPlug
- Valencia, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Are you ready to make your mark? If you’re a Business/HR major, we have an exciting internship opportunity for you.
The purpose of an internship at Woodward is to provide students with the opportunity to gain exposure and “real life” business acumen within the Aerospace and Energy Industry. Our internships also provide students with the opportunity to learn and gain practical experience and to work in areas related to their academic and/or career interests. Gain hands-on experience while working on challenging projects, network with professionals and learn from some of the brightest minds in business.
What you will be doing
This Internship is in our Human Resources group and will gain valuable experience in the HR functions that support the organization,
The experience also gives the intern opportunity for potential full-time employment with the company.
- Complete tasks on computer using MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Interact effectively with team members on a daily basis. Share opinions and ask questions relevant to the work and/or his or her study program.
- Work independently on assigned tasks with some supervisory oversight.
- Recognize problems which are beyond intern’s capabilities and learn from the experts in the area.
- Work assigned tasks to meet schedule and may coordinate details with other departments.
- Maintain good attendance and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Present year-end presentation of Woodward internship experience.
- Must report GPA status to leader on a quarterly/semester basis.
What We Are Looking For
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent skills in problem solving and trouble-shooting.
- Competent in the use of PCs, MS Office Programs and other associated software.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Solid knowledge of the English language with the ability to speak, read and write along with good listening skills.
- Good marks in relevant subjects.
- Possess high motivation, flexibility and ability to work on his/her own.
Education or Formal Training
Must be at least a Sophomore in an accredited College or University program and have an acceptable grade point average.
Degree program in Business, Human Resources or related field.
No experience required. Previous internship or other working experience, a plus.
What’s In It For You
At Woodward, our “employees” are called and treated as “members”…. and we’ve created a culture that appreciates and values the contributions of every member. It’s a positive collaborative environment where members work together for outstanding outcomes.
Woodward offers a Total Reward package for this Internship position (20+ hours per week), including:
- Estimated pay: $15-20.00/hr
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Protected VeteransJob General Human Resources Primary Location United States-California-Valencia Organization Woodward Schedule FULL TIME Shift 1st Shift / Day Job
Oct. 8, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!