Posted on July 9, 2023 by InternPlug
- Remote, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Our vision is for a healthier, safer & more equal planet.
The European Sustainable Development Organisation (ESDO) was established to provide specialist evidence and behavioural change strategies to tackle the most complex development issues of our time.
This is a remote position.Role: Humanitarian Internship (4 Positions) Deadline: 13 July 2023 Summary This is an exciting role to help ESDO achieve impact on some of the most challenging issues in the humanitarian aid and development sector. As a Humanitarian Intern, you will be helping to design and win projects and funding for ESDO’s missions and project pipeline, including projects on humanitarian aid, refugees, climate change and equality. The role requires an enthusiastic, flexible person with excellent writing skills and confidence engaging with partners and colleagues. The successful candidates will work remotely in a small team and will have a desire to learn, grow fast and have fun. The internship is for an initial four months and if you perform well, you will have the option of joining the ESDO team permanently at the end of the internship.
The RoleThe role will help coordinate activities to secure funding for ESDO including through the preparation and submission of proposals, tender responses and fundraising materials for all of our six missions. In addition, Humanitarian Interns will have a mentor from the senior management team, and will receive broad exposure to how humanitarian aid and development programs are designed, delivered in evaluated in countries from Afghanistan to Sudan. Humanitarian Interns will work closely with their supervisor to:
- Conduct research to inform project designs
- Assist in drafting project proposals and methodologies
- Attend donor and partner meetings
- Shortlist and select partners and consultants for potential projects
- Coordinate inputs from colleagues
- Marketing activity such as blog posts, website updates and press releases
- Representation at fundraising meetings, presentations and virtual events
- Coordinate the proposal development process and assist project managers
- Content writing for online properties including websites and social media
- Assist with a range of administrative tasks including but not limited to recruitment processes, software selection, expenses and corporate service development
- Participating in continuous professional development processes
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to learn
- Knowledge of research and/or evaluations
- 1-2 years of transferable work experience
Engagement TermsA humanitarian internship at ESDO is designed to be a mutually beneficial experience where the intern receives training and broad exposure to the industry we work in and the option for a longer term role with ESDO for high performers. For ESDO the internship program is designed to identify great people to join the ESDO team.
With this in mind, ESDO only offers paid internships. In addition, ESDO will pay for external professional development courses for the Humanitarian Interns during their internship.
The all-inclusive fee for the four month internship is EUR800 per month plus a further EUR500 is available during the internship for professional development courses.
This is a full time, remote homeworking internship and you can be based anywhere in the world. These positions are vacant now. Share Facebook Linkedin Twitter
Aug. 8, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!