Information Security Intern
Posted on Sept. 7, 2023 by InternPlug
- Makati City, Philippines
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionOverview This role shall be responsible for supporting the information security agenda for ISS, with a primary focus on cybersecurity along with a secondary focus of local business continuity coordination. As part of the Information Security Office, this role will work closely with other technology groups. Responsibilities
Gain/leverage familiarization with, and perform administration for, ISS’ Security Tools and Technologies from McAfee:
- Anti-Malware solution
- Intrusion Prevention Systems – Network-based
- Intrusion Prevention Systems – Host-based
- Data Loss Prevention
- Web Gateway (and URL Filtering)
- Email Gateway
- Endpoint Protection Suite
- Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM)
- Reporting and Metrics
- Administer SPAM protection utilities contained within the Email Gateway; configure sender and domain blacklists, maintain tracking for all reported emails.
- Administer Web Gateway (URL Filtering); manage whitelist modifications, reporting and metrics.
- Coordinate and perform reporting and monitoring functions on the Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) in place within the ISS enterprise.
- Create security baselines for workstation, desktops, network devices and database technologies. Audit assets for adherence with the documented baselines.
- Monitor security vulnerability repositories and relevant security news websites for relevant bugs and news items.
- Coordinate appropriate updates to the local business continuity plan from a business and technology perspective.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned to drive forward progress for the firm.
- Knowledge and interest in Physical Security and/or Cybersecurity experience
- Knowledge and interest with Mimecast, McAfee web gateway, SIEM, anti-malware and other tools is a plus.
- Understanding establishing and monitoring information security controls and ISO Standards is a plus.
- Certification(s) such as Security+ preferred
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with ISS personnel in locations around the globe.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Oct. 7, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!