Posted on Aug. 18, 2023 by InternPlug
- Hyderabad, India
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges, from giving cancer patients hope, ensuring safe drinking water and helping law enforcement tackle cases through forensics. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.Location/Division Specific Information
IEC / LPD DivisionDiscover Impactful Work:
Creative Thermal Engineer to work on all product lifecycle development stages from Research to ManufactureA day in the Life:
- Design system and components that meet requirements, manufacturing/service needs and relative regulations.
- Communicate design detail with vendors and implement the theoretical designs.
- Evaluate designs’ performance and reliability with verification tests and fix bugs.
- Decipher requirements and technical specification documents & seeks clarification where needed.
- Identify and contribute to Knowledge management opportunities for the products assigned with through guidance & mentorship
- Build necessary backup info for design concepts & trade off analysis under mentorship. Seek clarity for different tradeoff parameters and complete component selection to meet the technical specifications.
- Independently perform alternative component search and basic design calculations.
- Use tools and apply engineering fundamentals
- Support in design documentation & artifact presentation as per design process.
- Fairly conversant / capable of learning tool usage to support design analysis and simulation
- Masters or Doctorate Degree in Thermal or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required.
- Solid understanding of Mechanical & Thermal Engineering (Preferred) Principles (Structural, Theory of machines, Fluid Mechanics and Heat transfer etc.)
- Ability to run basic calculations to prove design
- Create Predictive Analytical models using Basic fundamental and validate using experimental testing for heat transfer equipments
- Contribute to design concepts, trade off analysis and does component selection to meet the technical specifications
- Contribute to design analysis and simulation for design optimization and confirmation to requirements
- Conduct testing as per test plans (including functional and regulatory test cases). Record test results
- Aware & can navigate through design and simulation tools. Learns different tools and intent with hands-on experience
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Accessibility/Disability Access
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response
Sept. 17, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
Talent Attraction Intern
The intern will be responsible for the following: Support in creating and ideating Tiktok content …
2024, Transaction Banking, Graduate Analyst (2023 Summer intern applicants only)
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) business enables client success by providing an integrated sui…
2024 Corporate & Investment Bank - Global Corporate Banking Analyst Program - Summer Internship - Johannesburg
JOB DESCRIPTION 2024 Corporate & Investment Bank - Global Corporate Banking Analyst Program…
Disney Entertainment Television Data & Analytics Intern, Spring 2024
Disney Entertainment Television Data & Analytics Intern, Spring 2024 Apply Now Apply …